• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008 GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 19

66 posts in this topic

Nik there is just no way. Spine stresses, corner fleck, dirt, edge fleck. No friggin way.

Wow.

I was scared I over-graded at 9.2. lol

I put my two selections in a bag and pulled one out. Thats what I went with.

I see you pulled out the right one. I wonder if CGC did the same thing when they graded this one?

lol

:jokealert:

WOW...back to back 9.4s...and my back to back 9.2 grades = back to back 3s...I gotta say if I sent that book in I definitely would not have gotten a 9.4...figured technically both books were 9.4 and gave the necessary subtraction and arrived at 9.2 (thinking both well could have been 9.0)...had a sneaking suspicion this book was gonna be 9.4 but had to pitch the 9.2 'cause it easily could've been 9.0 (better the 3 than the 1)...I don't know, can't see how this one's a 9.4 with that bottom spine corner action (??)

5-3-3 so far to close out...a final 5 would make a nice bookend... doh!

I don't know, can't see how this one's a 9.4 with that bottom spine corner action (??)

Nik said the bottom spine corner issue was just a bindery tear, with no effect on grade. I called the book 9.0, guessing that it was a bindery tear that got snagged on something and got a bit worse. Just seemed a bit long. Oh well... (shrug)

Nik there is just no way. Spine stresses, corner fleck, dirt, edge fleck. No friggin way.

Wow.

stop-whining_small.jpg

You finally get one right? :baiting:

Wow.

stop-whining_small.jpg

Nope. Went with 9.0

:)

:eek:

Almost did too but gave it a nik bump to 9.2 at the last second.

:whistle:

I asked all my questions and was originally going to go 9.6 then I looked at the back again and saw that mark which Nik told was light dirt soiling. Then I didn't know how much CGC would take off for that and I only knocked it down a half grade! Almost soiled myself when I saw I got it right!

Wow.

stop-whining_small.jpg

Nope. Went with 9.0

:)

:eek:

Almost did too but gave it a nik bump to 9.2 at the last second.

:whistle:

I was about to go 9.2...but noticed the light dust shadow along the top of the back cover. Dropped my grade to 9.0 :tonofbricks:

I asked all my questions and was originally going to go 9.6 then I looked at the back again and saw that mark which Nik told was light dirt soiling. Then I didn't know how much CGC would take off for that and I only knocked it down a half grade! Almost soiled myself when I saw I got it right!

(worship) I stuck with the 9.6 (without any silly questions). :grin: