• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yellow & Purple Label

43 posts in this topic

Doesn't amateur ct mean that it's bleedthrough or can't be removed anyway?

No.

Good candidates for CT removal are Slight Professional .

:gossip:

That still doesn't validate his comment or invalidate mine. :juggle:

IMO...you have no idea what you are talking about. :gossip:

Anything is possible, but there is no such thing as a Qualified Signature Series right now.

Right now Qualified trumps Signature Series.

That would suggest that a HULK 181 missing the MVS couldn't get a Yellow label. It's my understanding that a GLOD can be converted to a Blue label by simply asking CGC to downgrade for the defect instead of qualifying it.

Wouldn't Qualified only trump SS in the case of an unverified signature on the cover?

Anything is possible, but there is no such thing as a Qualified Signature Series right now.

let's just say for the sake of argument, that i have a book with some unwitnessed signatures, let's say a Marvel Zombies signed by Arthur Suydam. Then the opportunity presents itself where I can meet Robert Kirkman for SS.

If I take that unverified signed Marvel Zombies book and add Kirkman's sig to it in the presence of a witness, would it be eligible for the yellow label?

let's just say for the sake of argument, that i have a book with some unwitnessed signatures, let's say a Marvel Zombies signed by Arthur Suydam. Then the opportunity presents itself where I can meet Robert Kirkman for SS.

If I take that unverified signed Marvel Zombies book and add Kirkman's sig to it in the presence of a witness, would it be eligible for the yellow label?

Only if the unverified signatures are on the interior. If they are on the cover.....you get a GLOD.

That would suggest that a HULK 181 missing the MVS couldn't get a Yellow label. It's my understanding that a GLOD can be converted to a Blue label by simply asking CGC to downgrade for the defect instead of qualifying it.

Wouldn't Qualified only trump SS in the case of an unverified signature on the cover?

Pretty much, but even then there seem to be some exceptions. A request to downgrade an unverified signature in order to be accepted as SS may be accepted.

The question asked is where are the Qualified SS? There is no such thing.

For unverified cover sigs, the automatic procedure would be to Qualify. They will consider requests to downgrade the original sigs as defects (as in writing on the cover) to have the book receive the SS designation. Interior sigs seem to be allowed for SS with the writing on 1st page notation.