• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me out. Roy Rogers Comics #2 - 1948

9 posts in this topic

Roy Rogers Comics #2. Bought from Ebay. Need to decide if it was enough of a bargain to keep despite the lower than advertised grade. Unseen: PQ is OW. There is a 1/8" tear at the top edge of the fc up from the og in Rogers. Spine has a 1/4" split at bottom that relates to 1/8" corner chip out of brbc. 1/8" chip out urbc. Please see large scans. This is a really close decision for me as to whether to return or not. I appreciate the help.

Big scan of front.

2218263384_c85b65d7fc_b.jpg

Big scan of back.

2217473187_ce5fde9500_b.jpg

Thanks folks. It was listed as a "Very high grade VF/NM". Unfortunately it was neither. I had hopes that it might hit 7.5-8.5 but it was not meant to be. Sent it back today. Thanks everyone.

Yep. I would have done the same. I can live with the tiny 'v' shape abrasions that result from age at the top and bottom of spines -- but I don't keep anything with even a very small spine split. To me, any split is too easy a pathway to the staple.