• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you find this 64-page book? (It pays to locate it)

40 posts in this topic

There had to be many more of these printed and purchased in the mid-1990s.

After all, 1990's books are so easy to find. grin.gif

predmagtpbsm.jpg

It looks like it might be worth your time to locate the

Predator vs Magnus (64 page trade paperback)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2195797389

(Print run was supposedly around 10,000, but they rarely come up for auction.)

This is definitely a unique case... prior sales had been $30 to $80...

But I think that if you find one quickly, you could cash in on those who still need it.

Wow, I always thought tradepaper backs were not worth anything. 893whatthe.gif

They aren't in the real world, but in Valiant Land, things are quite a bit different. Remember, these were the guys paying hundreds of dollars for just printed, "limited edition" comics.

If they lived up North, I'd be selling them ice by the bucketful!! 27_laughing.gif

Wow, I always thought tradepaper backs were not worth anything. 893whatthe.gif

They aren't in the real world, but in Valiant Land, things are quite a bit different. Remember, these were the guys paying hundreds of dollars for just printed, "limited edition" comics.

If they lived up North, I'd be selling them ice by the bucketful!! 27_laughing.gif

Joe, in the real world I would say that this book is currently selling for $152

Seems like that's something, huh?

DAM

Sure, but those are bids from people living in Valiant Land. It's just 2 miles South of Ultimate Speculator-Ville.

Sure, but those are bids from people living in Valiant Land. It's just 2 miles South of Ultimate Speculator-Ville.

I see your point but I think that this is a case of a completionist trying to get the book he wants rather than waiting.

DAM

I see your point but I think that this is a case of a completionist trying to get the book he wants rather than waiting.

Yeah, I knew a couple of "Valiant Completists" in the early-90's....... but they're now more commonly referred to as "Hobos".

Luckily, it's a long way from "Stuck in the 1970s Bittertown". grin.gif

Luckily, it's a long way from "Stuck in the 1970s Bittertown". grin.gif

Yeah, lucky for me!! 893frustrated.gif

But seriously, I like you guys spending all your money on Valiants and "Scarce" Moderns, as it provides much-needed capital for our troubled economy. 27_laughing.gif

But seriously, I like you guys spending all your money on Valiants and "Scarce" Moderns, as it provides much-needed capital for our troubled economy. 27_laughing.gif

Fantastic!

Let me line your pockets, how many of the book in question do you have for sale?

While that price is a bit much, I do buy some needed Valiants for my collection from time to time because I like them. May not be worth anything to everybody else, but they are worth it to me on what I happen to spend on them. If they go up value, they go up, if they down in value, so be it.

valiant shillers?

Holy cripes! 893whatthe.gif That bid history is screaming "funny business" - I'd make $150 on my El Cazador crossgen tripe if I had buddies shilling it up hardcore like that...high bidder has a retraction and some other loser shilling blatantly. Rare book or not - this is a shady load of shilling BS...

valiant shillers?

Holy cripes! 893whatthe.gif That bid history is screaming "funny business" - I'd make $150 on my El Cazador crossgen tripe if I had buddies shilling it up hardcore like that...high bidder has a retraction and some other loser shilling blatantly. Rare book or not - this is a shady load of shilling BS...

Yeah, the one bidder retracted their bid. Upon further investigation (check out the discussion on the buy/sell/trade thread at www.valiantcomics.com) it looks like the bidder had shilled on around a dozen other auctions. The seller has now blocked them. I guess someone is trying to figure out how high they have to go to win it. Big time shady business. 893naughty-thumb.gif