• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 55 vs FF 57

37 posts in this topic

The 55 commands more in high grade because of the Silver Surfer cover appearance and story line.

That's what I don't understand. FF57-60 is the quintessential SS storyline with a very classic Surfer/Doom cover, but hey what do I know?

The 55 commands more in high grade because of the Silver Surfer cover appearance and story line.

That's what I don't understand. FF57-60 is the quintessential SS storyline with a very classic Surfer/Doom cover, but hey what do I know?

For some reason, people prefer Galactus/Surfer storylines.

FF 55 CGC 9.2 OW/W Item number: 180208260095 sold $589.99 on 1/26/08

FF 55 CGC 9.2 OW.... Item number: 330206230403 sold $529.99 on 1/28/08

FF 57 CGC 9.2 OW ....Item number: 330206229279 sold $285.00 on 1/28/08

FF 57 is the first FF book I ever read, and it left a lasting impression....masterfully done. Can't complain about the cover of 55 though. I think it used to be the harder to find of the two. Then the prices it was commanding probably pried them out of the hands of some collectors who had them graded for resale. Thus the difference in scarcity on the current census. Methinks it will even out over time somewhat with the 55 still commanding a higher price because of the dark blue cover and two heroes squaring off....very popular as mentioned. 2c

Both books have climbed siginificantly in the last 24 months. With or without the Surfer movie, they are highly desired books. Arguably 55 benefits from a slightly more iconic cover, though some people prefer 57. Which is one of the reasons why 57 is priced above 58, & 59.

I believe FF57 is the greatest Silver Age book ever :cloud9:

And it has the best splash page ever as well, Doom standing over Surfer after stealing the Power Cosmic all in Kirby goodness (worship)

(worship) (worship) (worship)

scan0001.jpg

Has the FF story arc in 55-57 ever been reprinted? I know 55 and 56 are reprinted in Marvel's Greatest Comics, but 57 is not. Is 57 reprinted somewhere?

I would love to read the story without having to pay the high fee of attaining a 57.

Unless someone out there has a beater 57 they would sell me...

Artboy99

Has the FF story arc in 55-57 ever been reprinted? I know 55 and 56 are reprinted in Marvel's Greatest Comics, but 57 is not. Is 57 reprinted somewhere?

I would love to read the story without having to pay the high fee of attaining a 57.

Artboy99

...just going by memory, but wasn't it reprinted in marvel's Greatest Comics #4? I think the whole story arc was done in that run. (shrug)

Artboy99

...just going by memory, but wasn't it reprinted in marvel's Greatest Comics #4? I think the whole story arc was done in that run. (shrug)

Marvel's greatest Comics #4? There is no such thing, unless you mean Marvel's Collector's Item Classics #4. the Collector's Items Classics run became the Greatest Comics around the 30's ( not sure exactly what issue..I am thinking 34. It was when they stopped being the large squarebound books. )

I have Collector's Items Classics #4 I will check it out! Thanks.

*** Marvel Collector's Item Classics reprints FF 7, so it isnt there.

Artboy99