• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"W W" Collection, part 1 revisited...last remaining Timely and Atlas books

49 posts in this topic

:news: These are the last few remaining books that did not initially sell from the timely/atlas lot...thought folks might like to revisit...

Quality Comix (with a little help from Detective27kid) are proud to offer a never before seen, original owner Golden Age collection that features books from 1942-1955.

This collection contains some Timely/Altas Subby, Human Torch and MMC, Nedor Thrilling and Startling, large groups of Military, Modern and Wings comics, some nice Pre code Horror and some misc DC, EC and other publishers..

This will be the first of the offerings, with the balance to follow...

A little background on this Original Owner collection...his name was Earnest, and he was from France and learned to read from comics....the lovely 71 year old lady (yes, it really was a "little old lady") that sold them to us, inherited them when Earnest recently passed...

virtually all comics have 2 "w" penciled on the front cover, and the date of the comic written on each...so, we have dubbed it the "ww" collection...

Earnest lived/grew up in San Fran, where all the copies were purchased by him (some pq like the rileys, really white...others not so good...all the books were well read)...they moved to GA a few years back, and when he passed, Wattie (the lovely lady whom lives 5 minutes from me) got the comics because she and Earnest used to both read them as a child (or something along those lines)...

280 or so books from 1942 to 1955...Wattie's daughter's (Rebecca) husband (Clay) did a wonderful job organizing, researching, and contacting perspective buyers in the area...just so happened that Brent from quality and I were really the only 2 interested in taking time to view them (isn't that so funny)..... they asked us to make an offer, we did, and they were happy and we have 2 wonderful boxes of comics that Brent (mainly) and I will be offering for sale in the coming weeks.

All books are BIN at listed price ( :takeit: ) or feel free to make an offer via PM.

Books were jointly graded by Brent and myself (so think "conservative")...all books are completely unrestored (with one exception, the subby 17 has some glue on spine) and come with a 2 year blue label guarantee!

Books are fully returnable, so order with confidence. We can accept paypal, all major credit cards direct (Amex, Dis, MC and Visa) and checks or money orders are fine, as well.

Shipping via priority mail or UPS ground shipping is $7.95 for upto 3 books (express mail or fedex available at cost). Orders over $1000 must ship via EMS or FedEx.

thanks, any questions please ask! Full size scans and bc scans available as well.

Brent and gator

First up...the one book that Earnest added a little glue to the cover on...

slight A, gd/vg (3.0)...nice supple light cr to off white pages...$250 original price...now, $225 :news: sold

sub17.jpgsub17b.jpg

This was the best book Timely in the collection...

Human Torch 24 in Fn+ to FN/VF (6.5/7.0) with OW pages...sweet book! $850 original price

I have sent this book to CGC, and should be back within a few weeks...new price is $799 with guarantee it comes back at least a 6.5 from cgc (though, I am thinking 7.0)

ht24.jpg

ht24b.jpg

Subby 34, in VG+ (4.5) with nice cr/ow pages...$300...now $250

sub34.jpg

Nice book.

Looks 5.0ish from here. :hi:

most of the books I grade, come back from cgc .5 higher, so you might be right!

Marvel Mystery Comics 85...VG to VG+ (4.0/4.5) ...cr/ow pages...was $350...now $299!

mmc85.jpg

mmc85b.jpg

Geesh...

This 4.0/4.5 looks like a 6.0! lol

Too bad I don't collect the older stuff.

I'd be all over nice mid-graders like these.

I'm a sucker for yellow covers like the Subby one.

:eek:

Marvel Mystery Comics 85...VG to VG+ (4.0/4.5) ...cr/ow pages...was $350...now $299!

mmc85.jpg

mmc85b.jpg

Geesh...

This 4.0/4.5 looks like a 6.0! lol

Too bad I don't collect the older stuff.

I'd be all over nice mid-graders like these.

I'm a sucker for yellow covers like the Subby one.

:eek:

occasionally I get 1.0 higher from cgc (thumbs u

sweet books gator! :thumbsup:

I just wished eBay sellers graded like him.

I just spent 6 hours today going over 1000s of listings, clicking on 100s of them, and found about a dozen books that weren't over-graded pos.

I just spent 6 hours today going over 1000s of listings, clicking on 100s of them, and found about a dozen books that weren't over-graded pos.

Sometimes it takes patience....

BTW Aces, I don't collect THOR!!! :grin: