• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Marvel Villain Survivor Series - ROUND 20 - The Terrible Trio

Marvel Villain Survivor Series Rd, 20  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Marvel Villain Survivor Series Rd, 20

36 posts in this topic

Round 19 found Galactus nullified with 44% of the vote. Best vote turnout yet with 94.

Round 20 brings us the final 3. Vote for your LEAST FAVORITE villain left on this list. This round will end on Wednesday night around 8:00 pm Eastern time.

The Green Goblin doesn't rank as high as the other 2. Spidey may have more, overall, famous villains, none of them trump these 2. I think the point about how the characters have evolved over the years is a good one.

When Dr. Doom is in a comic, it's a special occasion. When the Goblin is, you know it will be an interesting read. Magneto? Um... there's gonna be metal flying around?

Granted, my point of reference is early 80's X-Men, but he was in many great stories. Plus he added the "noble" element that changed the dynamic for awhile. I agree he was pretty "standard over-the-top bad guy" in the Silver Age, but his character grew into so much more by the late 70's. As for what he is now, I'll let those who know tell me.

Green Goblin.

Seriously, the guy has been dead forever. Secretariat was still winning races and Elvis was still playing concerts after he died, for the love of fried peanut butter and banana sammitches.

Say what you want about Magneto, but at least he survived the Nixon Administration.

Technically, I should have gone with "nanner sammitches," but I didn't want to have to explain the patois. (thumbs u

Mmmm, sammitches

One of the things that is sad is that

the movie versions Ranks like this:

#1/ Magneto: Rock Solid "Nuff Said"

#2/ Green Goblin: O.K., but I wish the faceplate mask was

more than just a faceplate mask ( to me, it would of been interesting

how an Alex Ross version of Goblin mask would of looked on screen).

#3/ Doom: Weak as Water!

Green Goblin.

Seriously, the guy has been dead forever. Secretariat was still winning races and Elvis was still playing concerts after he died, for the love of fried peanut butter and banana sammitches.

Say what you want about Magneto, but at least he survived the Nixon Administration.

Maybe we should have voted off Gerry Conway.

GG sucks.

thankfully opinions vary...

So, where is Magneto on the infamous cover of

bring on the bad guys???

bringonbadguys.jpg

hm

He's on the cover of Bring Back the Bad Guys. They had to save something for the sequel. Sorry but Fin Fang Foom trumps them all.

badguys.jpg