• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay fees

76 posts in this topic

I just got off the phone with the Power seller support people. The new party line is that the BUYERS fuel Ebay, so they are being more pro buyer, if there are buyers, the sellers will come. They have noticed a huge drop in sales, so they are helping us this way.

Feedback, was not supposed to be 100 percent, it was only supposed to be a comment on the transactions, too many buyers complained...

Feedback, was only supposed to be a reflection of communication...people were not COMMUNICATING, just leaving negs...I don't know what planet this guy was on.

The sellers should have been reporting feedback extortion, it was all the seller's fault...etc, etc.

I suggested if they were really so pro buyer, they should stop masking bidding IDs on items over $200.00.

I think I need a bottle of aspirins, it was like talking to a robot.

I just got off the phone with the Power seller support people. The new party line is that the BUYERS fuel Ebay, so they are being more pro buyer, if there are buyers, the sellers will come. They have noticed a huge drop in sales, so they are helping us this way.

Feedback, was not supposed to be 100 percent, it was only supposed to be a comment on the transactions, too many buyers complained...

Feedback, was only supposed to be a reflection of communication...people were not COMMUNICATING, just leaving negs...I don't know what planet this guy was on.

The sellers should have been reporting feedback extortion, it was all the seller's fault...etc, etc.

I suggested if they were really so pro buyer, they should stop masking bidding IDs on items over $200.00.

"And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed—if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth. 'Who controls the past' ran the Party slogan, 'controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.'"

:news:

Emergency ebay staff meeting held after irate phone call from stressed out CGC Board member!

sm_robot2.jpg

I'm in some special program, Dan, where I have a phone number I can use, they block members who are not on the list. The only other people I know who have it, are also people with 100 percent positive feedback, over 3,000, so they must be pretty selective (and it's not a non biased group). It's a special customer support number.

Their view is that feedback extortion will be taken care of by the seller's reporting the buyer, in that case the buyer will be naru'd and tossed off, and your neg will go away. It's the seller's fault for not REPORTING this properly in the past, now we will have NO choice;)

He was very well versed in the new party line. He actually said that buyers were much more important...when I asked about the fact that sellers paid the fees that ran the company, his answer was that buyers would come and then sellers would come.

The grand gesture of no gallery fees was made to help the poor stupid sellers who didn't use gallery and therefore were not making enough money. NOW they will make so much money that it will offset the fees.

I explained that most sellers were also buyers...but he was in the buyers mode..I actually buy a lot more than I sell...or did before this year.

My most recent work background is in call center management, so I could HEAR all the meetings this guy went to, but he was more arrogant than most of the customer service reps. They usually only put the cream of the crop on this phone line.

Jack a trading "assistant" is someone that Ebay recognizes as a "good"seller and you can call them up and ask them to sell your junk for you...;) and no...thanks:)

I was not irate at all when I called Goon, lol..I was just calling to lodge my protest of the changes...but by the end of the conversation, I had enough...you have to rate the customer service rep and I gave him all low numbers...first time I did that.

I'm in some special program, Dan,

I bet there are lots of people here in some special program .... not that one though!

Jack a trading "assistant" is someone that Ebay recognizes as a "good"seller and you can call them up and ask them to sell your junk for you...;) and no...thanks:)

Still slightly puzzled.

Ebay approaches people to be "official" trading assistants that they later sic potential clients on, or an individual approached you to be his/her trading assistant? The latter seems like good old consignment selling, which probably happens a lot.

Jack

the only positive i see in this is the drop in $25+ type item store listing fees, but it's only going to help the "price it at OPG and wait for a decent 'best offer'" crowd.

honestly, IF all of this did bring in more buyers, that would offset the increased fees. but i'm dubious.

when people ask for a transfer of risk it isn't knock 5 cents off my listing fee but charge me $1 more in final value fees!

I'm in some special program, Dan,

I bet there are lots of people here in some special program .... not that one though!

Still slightly puzzled.

Ebay approaches people to be "official" trading assistants that they later sic potential clients on, or an individual approached you to be his/her trading assistant? The latter seems like good old consignment selling, which probably happens a lot.

Jack

There used to be a list you could put yourself on, (with no requirements other than over 97% positive feedback, or something like that)...where you were a "trading assistant. I put myself on, YEARS ago, saying I would sell comics, or jewelry...(I figured maybe I'd find a collection:) ...instead I got a few calls asking me to sell pots (for a company) furniture, or sets of dishes. All at very low consignment fees. I took myself OFF the list, years ago...

Apparently, there were problems with the assistants, they are starting a new program by invitation only, whether it will remain that way, who knows...the people who want you to sell their junk, want to pay very little and include the fees.

I wound up offering to teach them how to list it themselves (at no charge)

Stop using my color, it's confusing me, lol..;) :baiting:

Thanks for the info! (thumbs u

When you break them down like this, the rate increases don't look like a big deal for me personally, but they will kill sellers that auction a lot of low-cost items. As I recall, a ton of sellers had to give up their ebay stores after the last round of increases. :(

Thanks for the info! (thumbs u

When you break them down like this, the rate increases don't look like a big deal for me personally, but they will kill sellers that auction a lot of low-cost items. As I recall, a ton of sellers had to give up their ebay stores after the last round of increases. :(

It looks like they are trying to discourage the penny/99 cent type listings. So the sellers will just jack up the shipping. :P

How can we screw the peons some more?

1) Get a new CEO. That'll fool'em into thinking we've finally seen the light.

2) Announce there will be changes in the fee sructure. This will get'em all excited.

3) Then we screw'em some more.

I see this as very positive for large ebay stores. The cuts in listing fees are dramatic, which is important for selling back issue comics because there are so many possible unique listings and they are generally low-priced items. I ran some rough numbers for a friend of mine and it looks like he'll save $50-$100 a month. Higher FVF is more than offset by lower listing fees.

Agree with everyone that this is anti "little guy" and favoring the big sellers. I do see a lot of this as shifting power a bit more towards buyers and to me that's a good thing. If you're a reliable, honest seller it should lead to more business.