• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay fees

76 posts in this topic

Ebay fees

Looks like the listing fees are going down, but the final value fees are apparently going WAY up...I think someone on another thread thought this was a good idea, but this seems to be QUITE a jump, especially if you factor in Paypal fees. Sorry, I don't know how to get the image on the page, just the link.

Feedback Changes

The eBay Feedback system was designed to provide a simple, honest, accurate record of member experiences. Focusing on customer service includes doing everything we can to grow customer confidence in our sellers.

* Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.

* Positive repeat customer Feedback will count (up to 1 Feedback from the same buyer per week.)

* Feedback more than 12-months old won't count towards your Feedback percentage.

* When a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) process the negative or neutral Feedback they have left for that transaction will be removed.

* When a member is suspended, all their negative and neutral Feedback will be removed.

* Buyers must wait 3 days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for sellers with an established track record, to encourage communication.

* All Feedback must be left within 60 days (compared to 90 days today) of listing end to encourage timely Feedback and discourage abuse.

* Buyers will be held more accountable when sellers report an unpaid item or commit other policy violations.

lol you save a nickel and then add 3.5% to final value. I like it the old way where they waive the second listing fee if it sells. I usually sell by the second time. what a joke.

Feedback Changes

The eBay Feedback system was designed to provide a simple, honest, accurate record of member experiences. Focusing on customer service includes doing everything we can to grow customer confidence in our sellers.

* Positive repeat customer Feedback will count (up to 1 Feedback from the same buyer per week.)

* Feedback more than 12-months old won't count towards your Feedback percentage.

* When a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) process the negative or neutral Feedback they have left for that transaction will be removed.

* When a member is suspended, all their negative and neutral Feedback will be removed.

* Buyers must wait 3 days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for sellers with an established track record, to encourage communication.

* All Feedback must be left within 60 days (compared to 90 days today) of listing end to encourage timely Feedback and discourage abuse.

* Buyers will be held more accountable when sellers report an unpaid item or commit other policy violations.

Well, it looks like the feedback system is going to become a complete joke. I left negative feedback for a buyer recently...I think the last neg I left was a few years ago...this person bought a $10 necklace, she didn't think it was an antique (it was not listed as an antique) I told her to return it, she said she would, then didn't didn't, a month later, she wanted a partial refund...When I declined, she sent me a barrage of nasty emails calling me all kinds of names...and then she filed a paypal dispute. So I refunded the whole thing, to get rid of it, then she complained that I didn't refund just the $5.00;) after 5 more emails where she yelled at me, I finally left her a neg. Guess I won't be able to let others know about fruitcakes the next time;)

I've always liked Ebay...but this is really a slap in the face to sellers.

Feedback Changes

Yet another pointless ebay change for change's sake...only this time they've shot themselves in the foot. 9% FVF is almost up there with dedicated auction sites such as ComicLink, whilst the feedback changes (no more negative FB for deadbeat bidders?) will drive sellers away and do the exact opposite of what they're intended to do, i.e. discourage abuse of the system.

Incrementally ebay is dismantling what made their site special. This could be the sea change that allows the competition a chance to start making inroads.

Yet another pointless ebay change for change's sake...only this time they've shot themselves in the foot. 9% FVF is almost up there with dedicated auction sites such as ComicLink, whilst the feedback changes (no more negative FB for buyers?) will drive sellers away and do the exact opposite of what they're intended to do, i.e. discourage abuse of the system.

Incrementally ebay is dismantling what made their site special. This could be the sea change that allows the competition a chance to make inroads.

Isn't that 1% difference now worth it for the benefit of leaving your listing up forever, soliciting offers and having no insertion fee? Correct me if I'm wrong isn't your experience with bad buyers a lot less likely with CL given their intermediary role?

Yet another pointless ebay change for change's sake...only this time they've shot themselves in the foot. 9% FVF is almost up there with dedicated auction sites such as ComicLink, whilst the feedback changes (no more negative FB for buyers?) will drive sellers away and do the exact opposite of what they're intended to do, i.e. discourage abuse of the system.

Incrementally ebay is dismantling what made their site special. This could be the sea change that allows the competition a chance to make inroads.

Isn't that 1% difference now worth it for the benefit of leaving your listing up forever, soliciting offers and having no insertion fee? Correct me if I'm wrong isn't your experience with bad buyers a lot less likely with CL given their intermediary role?

You're exactly right...that's it in a nutshell.

Correct me if I'm wrong isn't your experience with bad buyers a lot less likely with CL given their intermediary role?

Completely. If you use comic link - you will not have this issue.

Righto. If one uses CLink, Pedigree or ComicConnect, you also won't have to worry about Paypal fees or chargebacks.

Seems like this one is turning into a no-brainer.

Prediction: Slabs and higher end books will trend to consignment sites and ebay will turn into a vast wasteland of bulk lots. :P

Correct me if I'm wrong isn't your experience with bad buyers a lot less likely with CL given their intermediary role?

Completely. If you use comic link - you will not have this issue.

Righto. If one uses CLink, Pedigree or ComicConnect, you also won't have to worry about Paypal fees or chargebacks.

Seems like this one is turning into a no-brainer.

Prediction: Slabs and higher end books will trend to consignment sites and ebay will turn into a vast wasteland of bulk lots. :P

No doubt - eBay might become a mere comic wasteland for those modern CGC 9.6 slabs which sell for such top dollar :insane:

when are the feedback changes coming into effect ?

I like the idea about repeat feedback counting, not so keen on the idea of not being able to leave negs for buyers.

Don't sound too good to me; it will only make it easier for a shill to create an inflated, positive rating.

This will make it easier for guys like Dupcak to drag out the promises for refunds, exchanges, etc. and end up beyond the feedback deadline.

Changes go into effect on 2/20, there is a special "web bar?" on Friday, to join, you need a business name, I just put in NA and it worked.

I'd advise anyone who sells on Ebay to try to attend, it can't hurt, I'm sure they factored in how many people are going to leave, but they might not realize how bad it sounds.

I actually HAVE all the requirements needed for the reduced fees (a whole 5% of the reduction) but I'm still not happy about any of this...very poor planning. No better than that stupidity last year with the masked ID's of bidders. After that, I only bought books over $200, from people I knew...and I used to buy a lot. web bar sign up

Feedback Changes

Well, it looks like the feedback system is going to become a complete joke. I left negative feedback for a buyer recently...I think the last neg I left was a few years ago...this person bought a $10 necklace, she didn't think it was an antique (it was not listed as an antique) I told her to return it, she said she would, then didn't didn't, a month later, she wanted a partial refund...When I declined, she sent me a barrage of nasty emails calling me all kinds of names...and then she filed a paypal dispute. So I refunded the whole thing, to get rid of it, then she complained that I didn't refund just the $5.00;) after 5 more emails where she yelled at me, I finally left her a neg. Guess I won't be able to let others know about fruitcakes the next time;)

I've always liked Ebay...but this is really a slap in the face to sellers.

agreed ebay customer care is a joke. they are price gouging left and right, there is no real savings for having a store on ebay, they are nickel & diming us to death. sorry about that awful person you had to deal with , blame ebay for letting anybody buy & sell how about EBAY doing a more thorough check before letting this people on.