• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Covers Only You Love

195 posts in this topic

House of Secrets #14. :cloud9: Grabbed my imagination as a tiny kid, and a treasure-find back issue buy during my 1st trip to the San Diego Comic Con. :cloud9:

Just checked...still the highest graded copy on the census :banana:... for years the only one...but now there's a whopping two on the census (a 5.0). How's that for "no love"? lol

Desk-top flying saucers and a man "who stole air"?? Irresistible. :cool:

HOS14.jpg

The Count wanted some Golden Age, so here you go.

I don't necessarily "love" this cover but it always makes me chuckle.

CaptainM75Front-1.jpg

I like the expression on the boy and woman's faces. Are they surrounded by the yeast or is there something even more alarming off-cover?

Action 434 - Big time memories of buying this at a 7-Eleven along with Batman and Flash comics, which don't stand out as well as this one. This was my first purchase when I got back into collecting last year....had to have it!

Action434F.jpg

Totally goooofy!

Was this released the same year as the movie, Marathon Man?

(Reminds me more of Little Shop of Horrors though)

Jack

Action 434 - Big time memories of buying this at a 7-Eleven along with Batman and Flash comics, which don't stand out as well as this one. This was my first purchase when I got back into collecting last year....had to have it!

Action434F.jpg

No way that's a cover no one loves. It's great!

Jack

House of Secrets #14. :cloud9: Grabbed my imagination as a tiny kid, and a treasure-find back issue buy during my 1st trip to the San Diego Comic Con. :cloud9:

Just checked...still the highest graded copy on the census :banana:... for years the only one...but now there's a whopping two on the census (a 5.0). How's that for "no love"? lol

Desk-top flying saucers and a man "who stole air"?? Irresistible. :cool:

HOS14.jpg

HHAAWW!!

The funniest part of that cover is the yeast "appendage" sticking right in the Big Red Cheese's face. The editor must have had a sense of humor to let that one by.

All my favorite Comic Covers Only I Love are on the Golden Age "Short Bus" thread.

Here's a mere sample.

51753-AdvSer174.jpg

Jack

The Count wanted some Golden Age, so here you go.

I don't necessarily "love" this cover but it always makes me chuckle.

CaptainM75Front-1.jpg

I like the expression on the boy and woman's faces. Are they surrounded by the yeast or is there something even more alarming off-cover?

How is the story? hm

It wasn't Golden's year last year but all that "Virue" biz aside, his Micronauts run was outstanding, excellent, top-noptch stuff in both art & tale. Read 'em!