• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinion on the Iron Man/Subby #1 book?

286 posts in this topic

"They are everywhere! All Silver Age collections have about 3 of them."

That is a lie!! I only have two of them!

I used to have 5 FF 48s...I think I'm down to 3.

I have 4 copies. So thats an average of 3 between us. poke2.gif

This Thread is very old when it was started - the DO NOT DELETE posts are from that time I was registered before( this is my third time around - started in 2001 and two times long periods elapsed and I started out this current time).

I am getting a lot of activity on my pet right now - maybe this issue is picking up in popularity... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

CAL popcorn.gif

If ASM 300, which exists in vast quantities, can be a hot item going well into triple digits for a nice copy, this one can be too. Seriously, how many copies of the issues right around Hulk 181 and ASM 129 do people own in bulk? Tons. So there must be tons of 181s and 129s out there. Granted, those are first appearances, and IM/Subby 1 is no such thing (but was it the first marvel silver age one shot? if so, that's sort of noteworthy.) Not to mention IM 1. Tons of those out there.

Doesn't mean they aren't all terrific to own and to pay big money for, particularly if buying from me!

If ASM 300, which exists in vast quantities, can be a hot item going well into triple digits for a nice copy, this one can be too. Seriously, how many copies of the issues right around Hulk 181 and ASM 129 do people own in bulk? Tons. So there must be tons of 181s and 129s out there. Granted, those are first appearances, and IM/Subby 1 is no such thing (but was it the first marvel silver age one shot? if so, that's sort of noteworthy.) Not to mention IM 1. Tons of those out there.

Doesn't mean they aren't all terrific to own and to pay big money for, particularly if buying from me! [/quote

There is an earlier one shot,Marvel Super-Heroes from 1966. IM/Subby may have been the first all original one shot.