• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1969-1970 Marvel subscriptions

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a dealer who would offer subscriptions on these books. Joe Koch used to but not anymore. I think it would be cool to get 10-12 silver age marvels each month so asto read them as they were back then.Someone must offer this service. help?

Joe Koch of Avalanche Comics use to this.

I think I still have one of his catalogs from the mid-90s.

He'd send GVG or VGF comics like they were new books every month.

Say you wanted to start with FF 51 and ASM 31 and Thor 126...

You get 3 books each month just like a subscription.

Sometimes there would be a missing issue if he was out of stock, but he would set them aside months in advance and let you know there was a hole coming up so you could hunt down the book somewhere else.

but you gotta admit, its pretty hard to believe any dealer would bother....

From my dealings over the years, Joe is one of the cooler dealers I've run across. If anyone would rummage through their warehouse for "back to the future subscriptions" it'd be him.

Joe Koch and his former partner Gary Dolgoff are two of the nicest dealers in the universe.I think they are still living the lives of kids in the candy store and never quite adopted the typical dealer mentality.Joe seems to be much less involved than in the past,he even dropped his Overstreet Advisor status. Anyone know why?