• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto ComiCON 4th Annual Fan Appreciation Event - April 12-13, 2008

103 posts in this topic

One more:

JEFF LEMIRE

Writer/Artist, The Essex County Trilogy (Top Shelf)

Jeff is the cartoonist behind the acclaimed graphic novels ESSEX COUNTY VOL. 1: TALES FROM THE FARM and ESSEX COUNTY VOL. 2: GHOST STORIES from Top Shelf Productions. ESSEX COUNTY VOL. 3: THE COUNTRY NURSE is due later in 2008. Essex County is a trilogy of graphic novels set in a fictionalized version of Lemire''s hometown of Essex County, Ontario. His debut graphic Novel LOST DOGS won a Xeric Award in 2005.

Official website: http://www.jefflemire.com/

Jeff Lemire's Blog: http://jefflemire.blogspot.com/

One more:

JEFF LEMIRE

Writer/Artist, The Essex County Trilogy (Top Shelf)

Jeff is the cartoonist behind the acclaimed graphic novels ESSEX COUNTY VOL. 1: TALES FROM THE FARM and ESSEX COUNTY VOL. 2: GHOST STORIES from Top Shelf Productions. ESSEX COUNTY VOL. 3: THE COUNTRY NURSE is due later in 2008. Essex County is a trilogy of graphic novels set in a fictionalized version of Lemire''s hometown of Essex County, Ontario. His debut graphic Novel LOST DOGS won a Xeric Award in 2005.

Official website: http://www.jefflemire.com/

Jeff Lemire's Blog: http://jefflemire.blogspot.com/

Essex County vol. 1 & 2 were both great reads... looking forward to vol. 3!

Jeff is very excited and we're just as excited to have him at the show.

Last one for today:

JEREMY ROBERTS

Colourist, Devil's Due and Marvel Comics

Illustrater, inker and colourist Jeremy Roberts is currently working for Devil's Due Publishing and Marvel Comics colouring various projects, including Marvel's THE ORDER. Past interior colouring credits include Outlaw 7, Noble Causes, Noble Causes: Family Secrets, G.I. Joe, Space Ace, Digital Webbing Presents, Masters of the Universe: Rise af the Snake Men, Heirs of Eternity, Voltron: Defender of the Universe, G.I. Joe vs. Transformers II, Kolchak The Night Stalker, Werewolf the Apocalypse, Rob Zombie's Spookshow International, and Tomb Raider: Journeys. Cover credits include The Architect, Blade of Kimuri, various Bloodrayne projects, Dragonlance Chronicles, various G.I. Joe projects, Infantry, Paula Peril, Breakdown, Transformers: Spotlight, Masters of the Universe and more. Roberts is also a talented and award-winning 3-D artist (check out his stunning Captain Jack Sparrow image below).

Jeremy Roberts art gallery: http://jprart.deviantart.com/gallery/

Another Jeremy Roberts art gallery: http://www.glasshousegraphics.com/creators/colorists/JeremyRoberts/index.htm

Captain_Jack_Sparrow_by_JPRart.jpg

Sorry about all of the updates! There is a lot happening now as we are 6+ weeks away from the show! The ad for the show ran in last week's Wizard magazine (Red Hulk or Angelina Jolie cover) and the flyers will start arriving in comic shops starting later this week! Keep an eye out for them at most comic book stores in the Toronto area!

As it is, the show must really be on people's radar as I just received word from someone Rodey asked about earlier today:

DAVE ROSS

Artist, Star Wars Dark Times (Dark Horse Comics)

Dave Ross has drawn for Marvel Comics and DC Comics on Captain America, Spider-Man, Batgirl, Star Trek, Daredevil, Birds of Prey, Alpha Flight, Avengers West Coast, Thunderbolts, JLA: Act of God, Excalibur and many other projects. He was also an artist for the series Rai at Valiant, and has worked as a concept designer and layout artist for animation. Dave Ross is also a teacher at Toronto's Max the Mutt Animation School. Dave is currently illustrating Star Wars: Dark Times for Dark Horse Comics.

I keep doing it. I can't stop... so much going on... I'm really excited! All of these new guests will show up on the next website update later this week.

Incidentally, the website for Fan Expo Canada 2008, August 22-24 launched earlier today: http://www.hobbystar.com/fanexpo2008/

Comic Book Expo guests will be announced May 15, 2008. We guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Thought I'd copy over the summary of guests I did for the Facebook group:

Returning for the fourth year is the show dedicated to appreciating the comic book fans who support Fan Expo Canada and other comic book events throughout the year.

GUESTS OF HONOUR:

Appearing for the first time publicly together in 7 years to celebrate the release of their April 2008 Marvel Mini-Series: Iron Man: Legacy of Doom:

BOB LAYTON (Industry legend - artist, writer and editor)

DAVID MICHELINIE (Industry legend - writer, creator of Venom)

PROFESSIONAL GUESTS ATTENDING:

STEVE EPTING - Saturday only (Captain America)

ALEX MALEEV (Halo: The Uprising)

MIKE GRELL (Comics Legend)

CLAYTON CRAIN (X-Force)

RYAN OTTLEY (Invincible)

PLUS:

FRANCIS MANAPUL (Legion of Super-Heroes)

LEONARD KIRK (World War Hulk Aftersmash: Warbound)

ALVIN LEE (Heroes for Hire/Street Fighter)

J. TORRES (Teen Titans Go!, Wonder Girl)

SCOTT CHANTLER (Northwest Passage)

VALENTINE DE LANDRO (X-Factor)

TY TEMPLETON

DAVE ROSS (Star Wars: Dark Times)

JEFF LEMIRE (Essex County Trilogy)

VATCHE MAVLIAN - Sunday Only (Fall of Cthulhu)

JASON PARK (DMF Comics)

MARC WOLFE

ATTILA ADORJANY

JOSEPH O'BRIEN

RICHARD ZAJAC

AGNES GARBOWSKA

JEREMY ROBERTS

KENT BURLES

RAY FAWKES

ROB COUGHLER

MARK INNES

JOHN MIGLIORE

and

SPECIAL APPEARANCES

The TRANSMISSION X WebComics Group including:

CAMERON STEWART (The Vinyl Underground)

RAMON PEREZ (JSA Classified)

ANDY BELANGER (Friday the 13th: Abuser and the Abused)

KARL KERSCHL (Teen Titans: Year One)

MICHAEL CHO

BRIAN MCLACHLAN (Owl Magazine)

Just added!

JASON ARMSTRONG

Artist, Lobster Johnson: The Iron Prometheus (Dark Horse Comics)

Canadian creator Jason Armstrong is currently illustrating the mini-series Lobster Johnson: The Iron Prometheus for Dark Horse Comics with Hellboy creator Mike Mignola. An accomplished writer/artist, Armstrong is the creator of the acclaimed 2005 mini-series Ferro City. He has also illustrated stories for publishers like DC Comics (Hawkman, Damage, Legion of Super-Heroes, Robin, The Ray, Showcase, Superboy), Marvel Comics (New Warriors, Avengers: United They Stand, Marvel Universe, Sensational Spider-Man) and Malibu (Mantra).

This is going to be one heck of a party! And the Secret Invasion #1 blank covers arrive in stores on APRIl 2 - I suspect I'm going to see a lot of those being sketched on at the April 12-13th Toronto ComiCON! The first major con after they are released at your favourite comic shop! You could buy 4 of those and get your free admission voucher for Sunday!

It's unfortunate that I have to actually state this, but...

All guest biographical information presented here and on the website ( www.hobbystar.com/upcomingevents/torontocomicon2008_2.html ) is either provided by the guest in the form of a direct, modified or updated public biography or has been written specifically for the Toronto ComiCON Fan Appreciation Event using widely available artistic credits. Copying, especially word for word copying, of biographical information prepared by the company without consent is internet plagiarism, a form of fraud.

www.plagiarism.org