• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suggestions for storing comics

16 posts in this topic

I think the filing cabinet way isn't the best way to store them for a number of reasons.

1. They cost a lot

2. They become heavier and bulkier than boxes and can create a pressure point where your storing them. Could cause floors to bend/buckle.

3. Almost impossible to move once loaded. You would have to take them out if you ever intended to move them.

Personally I think they look great, but for the money they just aren't worth it.

Pick a spot in the house with a large wall, empty that spot, take the boxes and pile them all up in that wall to the top... paint the rest of the house/room the same color as the boxes & BAM you won't even know they are there

I think the filing cabinet way isn't the best way to store them for a number of reasons.

1. They cost a lot

2. They become heavier and bulkier than boxes and can create a pressure point where your storing them. Could cause floors to bend/buckle.

3. Almost impossible to move once loaded. You would have to take them out if you ever intended to move them.

Personally I think they look great, but for the money they just aren't worth it.

Russ's points are completely valid, but I gotta say ... I still love my filing cabinets :luhv:

We don't plan on moving any time soon, so I've got no problem using a more permanent form of storage than boxes - we also don't have a basement, and the floors are thick, so I'm not really worried about damage.

I made my own "floors" and middle dividers out of foam board & old backing boards for the filing cabinet drawers, so everything is nicely divided & level - the dividers between the books are a backing board with a 3M post-it on top (plastic dividers are too tall).

I've got three downstairs - two for DC, one for independents - which will soon be joined by two more for Marvel's. For the time being, everything that's not in a filing cabinet, is in a Drawerbox in an upstairs closet.

Here are some peekchures:

storage_filing1.jpg

storage_filing2.jpg

storage_drawerboxes.jpg