• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

House of Secrets 92 9.8 white Will there ever be one?

16 posts in this topic

This to me me is the holy grail of the Black Cover Bronze age books and the best cover of all time.. Before I invest a lot of money in a 9.6 does the community think a 9.8 will ever show up. Interested in some discussion on this. http:

283136-houseofsecrets9_6off.jpg.aaa66423fffc581a3ab50e7e2d7e56e4.jpg

I've been to Metropolis 3 or 4 times in recent weeks. The HoS #92 cover is just hanging on the wall like it's no big deal! It's gorgeous, though it struck me as being a little on the small side (though maybe it just looked that way since the mat covers part of the artwork).

houseofsecretsC92a.jpg

This to me me is the holy grail of the Black Cover Bronze age books and the best cover of all time.. Before I invest a lot of money in a 9.6 does the community think a 9.8 will ever show up. Interested in some discussion on this. http:

Welcome Joseph firstly...

If you can get an attractive 9.6 considering your obvious love for the book... I would. A 9.8 may not surface for a long while and even if it does, there will be several high rollers that may want it just a little more. Having a sweet 9.6 already in the vault is not a bad plan. If you obtain a 9.8, sell the 9.6 (or not).

As for buying it strictly for investment... please do a search on the various threads on the subject (comic investing)... otherwise your thread may take a turn you did not intend it to.

Good luck with your decision... not a bad key to worship at all.

The HoS #92 cover is just hanging on the wall like it's no big deal!

then it would be no big deal to just take it.Metropolis is on crack to just that kind of stuff just hang on thier walls like that,only a vegitarian would think of something like that!

Joe-

As we all have seen, a copy will (more than likely) surface. And you may have to wait a long time. Bruce is right. If you can, picking up a 9.6 and upgrading later would be your best bet. A 9.8 would bring serious bucks, and you wouldn't be the only one looking for it. And, when you did manage to upgrade to 9.8, the 9.6 would sell w/out a problem.

Great book, BTW. I have a 7.0. I'll upgrade eventually. It's one of the best covers ever. Thanks for posting that pic, Gene!

Chris

The HoS #92 cover is just hanging on the wall like it's no big deal!

then it would be no big deal to just take it.Metropolis is on crack to just that kind of stuff just hang on thier walls like that,only a vegitarian would think of something like that!

What do you mean? Why shouldn't it be hanging? Of course it should be hanging. It's awesome that all of that amazing art is on display for visitors to their space. It's not like it's in a retail shop. Is it because it's too valuable? I hate to break it to you since you hate them so, but that cover probably doesn't rank in the top fifty most valuable items in Metropolis' inventory/ collection. I do know it's a hell of a lot less valuable than this and, as far as I know, they've got that hanging.

Plus, I'm sure they're sufficiently insured. And it's not like these pieces are very liquid. If it was stolen, Metro would probably make sure EVERYONE would know about it. A potential theif would either have to keep it for themselves(not likely their motivation), or have a buyer(try finding a private buyer for a one of a kind piece of stolen artwork).

Metropolis needs to do a better job of preserving this artwork since it appears so just there on the wall. Also how do we know it is not that valuable if we are not allowed to make an offer to buy. How is value determined with no market interaction. JD foreheadslap.gif

I can assure you that the HOS #92 cover is being preserved. Only acid free framing materials were used. Most importantly, the cover is displayed beneath a sheet of OP3, which is plexiglass with a high level of UV protection. Wrightson did the cover in partial wash which will fade if left in bright sunlight.

It truly is a great cover which is NOT for sale. I have been offered A LOT of money for the cover but have not considered selling it.

Since this thread has turned towards original art a bit, I just put a lowry gallery together - link

It's not so much to display my work as it is to advertize that I am very much in the market and willing to pay silly $$$ for some of my grails. It's only been up a week, but if something could come of it that would be really, really cool . . .

DAM