• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is She-Hulk THAT unpopular?

47 posts in this topic

I have a full run of Savage She-Hulk and about the first half of Sensational.

It really is too bad that she isn't more popular.

I believe that the original series was warehoused though and that's why so many nice issues are openly available.

I remember a guy on eBay selling his comic business and he had like 30 #1's and 20 #2's.

Yeah,

How many of those 9.8s have White Pages, how many Off-White, how many OWW and how many have COW pages :baiting:

CGC 9.9 1 White

CGC 9.8 202 - 87 White 98 OWW 15 OW 2 COW

Or maybe it's something else! (shrug)

just a ton of those out there. speculation on #1s back then was no less than early 90s speculation I'd imagine. remember, a shop was paying 20, 25 cents for that wholesale and they'd try to turn around and sell it for a buck 2 months later. not a huge amount of risk buying 1,000...2,000. at the very worst stick it in the quarter box, get your money back, and they'd eventually disappear. it was a #1 afterall!

so, unlike let's say ASM 194, which had a decent print-run and such, but people weren't going out of their way to order an extra 1,000 copies, she hulk #1 (and other big #1s of the era) were ordered in vast quantities to satisfy future anticipated back issue demand.

and by the time it came out a lot of comic shops had sprung up.

out of curiousity, what do 9.8s of X-Men 137 and 150 go for? both heavily hoarded too, though the square bound 137 might be tough in 9.8. and they're x-men books..though 150 is a nothing issue.

I haven't seen a quarter box in a long time. Once in a while I see a 50 cent box, but generally speaking, this wouldn't be in there. Sometimes in a dollar box, though perhaps (likely not) not a 9.8.

hey Zilaf gets more than $3 for those raw 9.8s! That guy gets guide+ for late BA books in HG that might be hard to move here for $1 a pop.

Only SNE gets more insane results, but mainly because they get those prices for mid-grade books too, like a stack of early 80s green lanterns in Fine+ selling for 2X guide.

Only SNE gets more insane results, but mainly because they get those prices for mid-grade books too, like a stack of early 80s green lanterns in Fine+ selling for 2X guide.

:frustrated: It's absolutely mind-boggling the prices SNE gets for common midgrade lots. It defies all logic.

I remember my LCS having SH#1 on thier small display rack at the register for a long time. I think initially it was a notable book because it was Stan Lee's first creation in a long time. Dazzler #1 was another book the same store always seemed to have a lot of extras of. Speaking of both, I also think female characters aren't held in as high regard as males by comic book collectors, generally.

I also think female characters aren't held in as high regard as males by comic book collectors, generally.

---------------------------------------------

maybe, but mystique's first and black cat's do pretty well. though maybe they've cooled off a bit. and considering the enormous speculation on avengers annual 10, rogue's first does pretty well.

Is there even such thing as a "quarter box" anymore? :shrug:

I'm probably dating myself with you young whipper-snappers. I remember when it used to be the dime box. :baiting:

Is there even such thing as a "quarter box" anymore? :shrug:

I'm probably dating myself with you young whipper-snappers. I remember when it used to be the dime box. :baiting:

I used to date myself. Then one day my mom waked in the room. How embarassing! doh!

hey, my LCS had a dime box into the late 90s. in it you would find great books like Deathlok Annual 1, of which I bought 10 copies, 9 of which were donated to some kids holiday charity drive where I made grab bags of my non-NC 17 type 90s drek.

his quarter box was actually pretty decent, in it I probably purchased virtually every non-key non-ASM/X-Men Marvel published from 1977-1982. admittedly, i also bought a lot of 90's drek out of there too.

hey, my LCS had a dime box into the late 90s. in it you would find great books like Deathlok Annual 1, of which I bought 10 copies, 9 of which were donated to some kids holiday charity drive where I made grab bags of my non-NC 17 type 90s drek.

his quarter box was actually pretty decent, in it I probably purchased virtually every non-key non-ASM/X-Men Marvel published from 1977-1982. admittedly, i also bought a lot of 90's drek out of there too.