• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I JUST SUBMITTED THIS BOOK.....

38 posts in this topic

Just got these books back a couple days ago. I also sent a second copy of MTU 53....

The grades? MTU 53 9.4 & 9.6

IF 15 9.6 acclaim.gif

VERY nice!

Congrats!

At least that's two books you won't be shilling me on.

893applaud-thumb.gif

BTW. That IF 15 ties for top census.

893applaud-thumb.gif

You mean....I finally have one of the "highest graded" of something? cloud9.gif

Except for the 9.8 you can't see because the census hasn't been updated yet.

Enjoy it while you can. stooges.gif

Hey Chris

The bottom right and left corner wear on the MTU 53, along with some slight transverse ticks just barely break colour on the black border will keep this below a NM 9.4 grade. There are some other barely visilble signs of wear, but I'm not sure whether they are artifacts of the scanner.

MTU 53 would grade at best a NM- 9.2, but more likely a VF/NM 9.0.

IF 15: Top right corner blunting/abrasion marks; bottom left corner crimp/crease and rounding; bottom right corner blunting; transverse ticks breaking colour beside storms cape, and right leg along the spine.

IF 15 would grade, at best, a VF/NM 9.0; but more likely a VF+ 8.5.

All in all, those are some solid books thumbsup2.gif

Hey Chris

The bottom right and left corner wear on the MTU 53, along with some slight transverse ticks just barely break colour on the black border will keep this below a NM 9.4 grade. There are some other barely visilble signs of wear, but I'm not sure whether they are artifacts of the scanner.

MTU 53 would grade at best a NM- 9.2, but more likely a VF/NM 9.0. Nice book thumbsup2.gif

Wanna bet? devil.gif

Wanna bet? devil.gif

I'm afraid to read your reaction on my assessment of the IF 15 893whatthe.gif

I don't mind a friendly bet, but grading is such a subjective thing. I consider myself fairly strict, but I know collectors who are far stricter. People who have contacted me by email after they recieved a slabbed book, and read me the riot act because they felt the book didn't deserve the score, and should have been graded lower. confused-smiley-013.gif

And not to pull out the CGC inconstistency card for the sake of backing my argument, but I was going through some slabs I sent in a few years back just the other day, and I was absolutely floored at the grades some of the books recieved. Lets put it this way, they made your MTU look like a NM/MT 9.8 893whatthe.gif