• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT--But relevant!! Scary stuff for collectors...UPDATE

32 posts in this topic

what did reporter get wrong?

I don't believe SGC offers a restoration service of any kind. I think it was intended for a grade bump or something and she didn't understand.

I agree. CGC and SGC have the same guidlines. In the past I have had numerous cards graded by them in Parsippanny and never was told about a restoration service. Unfortunately for SGC the same grade as a PSA card still demanded less money, so i switched to PSA. SGC was a convenience factor. I would never get a card restored. Thats the difference with card collecting and comic collecting i guess. Restoring seems ok to do in the sportcard world i guess.

I don't believe SGC offers a restoration service of any kind. I think it was intended for a grade bump or something and she didn't understand.

I agree. CGC and SGC have the same guidlines. In the past I have had numerous cards graded by them in Parsippanny and never was told about a restoration service. Unfortunately for SGC the same grade as a PSA card still demanded less money, so i switched to PSA. SGC was a convenience factor. I would never get a card restored. Thats the difference with card collecting and comic collecting i guess. Restoring seems ok to do in the sportcard world i guess.

Restoring cards is common (trimming, etc.), but only if the grading companies grade the cards. A card that is knowlingly altered loses a lot of its' value.

Restoring cards is common (trimming, etc.), but only if the grading companies grade the cards. A card that is knowlingly altered loses a lot of its' value.

i thought that was interesting as well in regards to cards vs. comics and restoration.

why would a restored card be valued more when a restored comic is often seen as devalued?

i thought that was interesting as well in regards to cards vs. comics and restoration.

why would a restored card be valued more when a restored comic is often seen as devalued?

Thats one thing i could never figure out.

I can't imagine handing over anything worth that kinda cash to this guy.

Did you see the pictures of him in the 3rd link?

The guy wants to grade and hold millions of dollars in collectibles but he can't be bothered to shave or put on something besides jeans when going into court?

C