• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Vent About Anything Thread

267 posts in this topic

I hate scrolling through miles of quoted posts just to find a single word at the end.

And I hate it when a draft-dodging, cocky Texan gets elected to lead my country. doh!

Uh, you're really just jealous, from da bus.

Well it happened again. Got cut off and someone jammed on his brakes. I didnt hit him, but cut him back off and slowed down so he couldnt pass me again. i felt a little better but then realized i wanted to get home and was sped up. :applause:

dale,

i don't think you understand the definition of a "house" style. it is when everything looks alike. from the colors used on the covers to the type faces in the text to the style ,size,shape and designs of the logos, to the height of the logos placed on the cover.

it is also how all the inkers have to look identicial as well as the pencillers and letteres and colorists.

'so you WANT all the books to look alike?

i think you need to pick a period..say the ditko period or the romita period.

or maybe you like the "flexographic printing" period of the late eighties when they used a new printing process and it sucked.

Jamie, I understand house style perfectly....

Yes, I WANT all of the books to look just alike. Just like they did in the 1970s and 1980s. Whenever someone new took over Amazing Spider-man, or when they started Spectacular Spider-man, Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane, and everyone else looked the same, regardless of who drew it, regardless if it was Romita, Kane, Andru, Pollard, Buscema, Romita Jr, whoever. Same for FF, Reed looked like Reed regardless is Kirby, Buscema, Buckler, Perez or Byrne drew him. When I was growing up, Marvel books looked like Marvel books and that is why everyone loved them and why there are so many people who love the bronze age of Marvel Comics.

Why have consecutive issues of an issue where the characters look almost nothing alike? It makes no sense. You don't look different from day to day. Why should Spider-man.

I hate flippers posing as collectors, simply to make an extra buck.

I do like honest sellers and honest fellow collectors.

(I've run accross a few of both here on the boards and the former are the only folk keeping me here and in the hobby, the rest disgust me)

I'm still selling that trooper book for 500% guide, you whining here won't change anything. :sumo:

which book did you have again? seriously since i've posted my list i got everyone selling me books, can't keep track anymore. fyi, that's a good thing and most of the boardies selling me books do so at very fair prices....with the occasional tool trying to rip me off.