• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would you sell these....

6 posts in this topic

I collected comics when I was 16 years old and I am now 47. I have over 13,000 comic books. Most of the marvels are from 68 to 86, and the DCs from 74 to 86. I have runs of over 100 issues of Amazing Spiderman from 129 to 248. Daredevil from 110 to 206, Captain America from175 to 296. Most of the comics are from this time frame. None of the comics are graded but most are in great shape. Question would you sell the keys or the runs? I can't get the money to get the keys graded so I'm trying to get the most out of what I have. I would like the boards input please. I won't sell them on E-bay because I think it would take up to much of my time. Thanks for your help, I will be away till Tuesday night so if you answer or pm me I won't get to it till Wed morning. Thanks ED 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I do know of one option.

get Donut to sell them for you on e-bay. It's what he does. grin.gif

He's got the time, the experience and the know-how. And....you've got the time too. It's PERFECT!

or.....

Sell them slowly on the forum. (See Marketplace) Everybody's looking for something...I know I'd be interested in some stuff.

or....

sell the collection as a lot to a dealer. The quickest way. (You don't come across as needing the money NOW, so maybe not the smartest solution.)

or.....

buy an overstreet. Lot's of people advertising they want collections.

Anybody else got any ideas?

I collected comics when I was 16 years old and I am now 47. I have over 13,000 comic books. Most of the marvels are from 68 to 86, and the DCs from 74 to 86. I have runs of over 100 issues of Amazing Spiderman from 129 to 248. Daredevil from 110 to 206, Captain America from175 to 296. Most of the comics are from this time frame. None of the comics are graded but most are in great shape. Question would you sell the keys or the runs? I can't get the money to get the keys graded so I'm trying to get the most out of what I have. I would like the boards input please. I won't sell them on E-bay because I think it would take up to much of my time. Thanks for your help, I will be away till Tuesday night so if you answer or pm me I won't get to it till Wed morning. Thanks ED 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I can feel for your situation. I have a stash of about the same number of books from the mid 70's. I'm even about the same age. I decided to go the eBay, CGC, become a dealer route. I can tell you it does take a LOT of time and money to do that. If you don't have the time or inclination to become a dealer, you may be best off trying to do a bulk deal all at once. Frankly you'll only get pennies on the dollar, but it is the simplest and you are still looking at getting thousands of dollars for these.

The suggestion to try selling some runs here on the forums is a good one. What you are going to need though is TIME to scan them, describe them, inventory them, and sell them. Good luck.