• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World LA 2008 Lets get a Final Count on whose Going?

6 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

Let's get a final count on who is going.

1) What Days?

2) What are you looking to buy?

3) R u getting any CGC on-site Grading?

4) What Comic people r u looking to meet/autograph?

I am going Saturday only. Def going to attend the CGC resto seminar!!

Looking to buy High Grade "RAW" Captain America Bronze/Silver age and High grade pre-unity Valiant.

Will prog get like 3 or 4 high grade ASM graded just because it fun to get grades on site.

Want to meet the Guest of Honor Marc Silvestri and Michael Turner and get a couple of autograph's.

Let US Know what you are going to do!! (thumbs u

John

I'm definitely going.

1) Friday & Saturday for sure and probably Sunday.

2) DC Bronze Horror. Also fill in some Walking Dead and ASM holes.

3) ASM 177, 195, 238, 241, Punisher (LS) #1, Hulk 340 (2 copies), and Batman: Killing Joke are getting graded - Most of these will be 9.8 with a couple possible 9.6s.

4) Pretty weak guest list. Nobody there that I haven't seen already. Might get a sketch. Would like a Sergio Aragones or Berni Wrightson sketch but don't think either will be there.

Will definitely be going to the Resto seminar and hope to meet a few board members there.

I don't need to go Sunday but I know my books won't be graded until then. Last year I turned my books in first thing on Friday and they weren't done until the last hour of the convention on Sunday. But I do love the instant gratification of on-site grading!

I'm definitely going.

3) ASM 177, 195, 238, 241, Punisher (LS) #1, Hulk 340 (2 copies), and Batman: Killing Joke are getting graded - Most of these will be 9.8 with a couple possible 9.6s.

4) Pretty weak guest list. Nobody there that I haven't seen already. Might get a sketch. Would like a Sergio Aragones or Berni Wrightson sketch but don't think either will be there.

Will definitely be going to the Resto seminar and hope to meet a few board members there.

I don't need to go Sunday but I know my books won't be graded until then. Last year I turned my books in first thing on Friday and they weren't done until the last hour of the convention on Sunday. But I do love the instant gratification of on-site grading!

What I do is I go first thing Saturday when WW LA opens and go right to the CGC booth and tell them that I am only here for Saturday only and they always have my books ready by the end of the show.

Maybe if you submit like 3-4 you should have no problem getting them back the same day.

I'll be there.

1) What Days?

Saturday and Sunday.

Comic Books.

maybe.

Michael Golden, Art Clokey and Jeph Loeb,

Hello Everyone,

Let's get a final count on who is going.

1) What Days?

1. friday, march 14th. well, now that the resto seminar is mentioned, i may have to go to that.

2. mostly just going for fun. will be looking for bronze age books tho.

3. not as of yet.

4. none

I'm definitely going.

What I do is I go first thing Saturday when WW LA opens and go right to the CGC booth and tell them that I am only here for Saturday only and they always have my books ready by the end of the show.

Maybe if you submit like 3-4 you should have no problem getting them back the same day.

Thanks for the advice. Come to think of it I did submit some Signature books last time. That probably slows the process down too.