• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asm #14 cgc 9.4 on ebay...predictions? and the #2 cgc 9.2?

79 posts in this topic

"Another 6 months the book will be worth $9k anyway as there are dealers with the same grade book asking for $9200".

I have listened to pros sing me the same story about stocks over the years. "The market will be 10% higher in a year, etc, etc". Sometimes they were right. Sometimes they were wrong by a lot. Unless you have a ouija board and can forecast the future I question the certainty of your call. I know very little about comics but quite a bit about stocks since that is my business. I tell anyone who has traded for me the following. " If you find the game is easy it's time to sell. You must sell on the way up because there will not be any bids that are attractive on the way down". I hope you fare better than those that have told me not to worry because they can spot a top. I'm fortunate because I only have one customer and she thinks I have some ability. Good luck to you.

I don't want to put words in Rube's mouth (or anything else for that matter), but I think that the time frame he is talking about coincides closely with the release of SM2. It is my belief as well that high grade ASM keys should get some sort of a bump with the movie hype, although perhaps not as much as we saw with the release of the first flick.

"Another 6 months the book will be worth $9k anyway as there are dealers with the same grade book asking for $9200".

I have listened to pros sing me the same story about stocks over the years. "The market will be 10% higher in a year, etc, etc". Sometimes they were right. Sometimes they were wrong by a lot. Unless you have a ouija board and can forecast the future I question the certainty of your call. I know very little about comics but quite a bit about stocks since that is my business. I tell anyone who has traded for me the following. " If you find the game is easy it's time to sell. You must sell on the way up because there will not be any bids that are attractive on the way down". I hope you fare better than those that have told me not to worry because they can spot a top. I'm fortunate because I only have one customer and she thinks I have some ability. Good luck to you.

I don't want to put words in Rube's mouth (or anything else for that matter), but I think that the time frame he is talking about coincides closely with the release of SM2. It is my belief as well that high grade ASM keys should get some sort of a bump with the movie hype, although perhaps not as much as we saw with the release of the first flick.

Everyone with Spidey stuff to sell is most likely anticipating another jump/bump with the 2nd movie coming. It will probably happen to a certain degree, BUT there's no way prices will jump like when the first movie arrived. Does anyone remember the 2nd Batman flick - and all the anticipated jumps for Penguin appearance [!@#%^&^]? And the next Bat-flick and the next one... remember your history folks and gamble accordingly.

Missing the point here. Yes probably there will be a "jump" to the prices but it still comes down to supply and demand. If there are only lets say 10 books in that grade and there are 100 collectors who want it, the prices will be set by those people. I am not saying the books will climb 2 or 3 times the prices but will increase. It isn't just about Spideys, its every "key" book out there. High grade has always demanded high prices dating far back as I have read.

Of course no one can tell the future, BUT the history of high grade books speak for itself. Even if you go back only a few years and before the CGC craze the books continued to increase in value based on supply and demand. Every time you think a specific book has "topped out" you see or hear of another increase. So if I was a gambling person I would bet that though they might not increase at the same rate, they will probably increase in value as years go on.

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

I really have to disagree with the movie hype theory. While the first movie of a title shows a bump, there was no noticeable bump for X-Men 2. Nor was there really any bump for Incredible Hulk that I could tell.

Plus, the really hype is on the books that are less expensive. How many people who really no very little about comics are going to spend thousands of dollars because of movie hype.

I believe CGC has had a much greater effect on prices than any movie.

I agree with that. How many books have you or we bought in the past from "reputable" dealers as around NM or VF/NM then send them out with the CGC craze to come back as a VF-? At least with the encasing and grading you buy what you see. Reduces any hardships with buyer and seller.

Well I'd tell you but I really don't know enough about computers. I just thought I'd see what happened if I took off the "ASM14.jpg" part of the url off. And just went with the /Steve directory. It took me to the "root" or whatever it's called and showed me all the files. Really can't tell you much more than that as that's really all I know :\

Brian