• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PARADISE TORONTO COMICON JULY 12-13 2008

221 posts in this topic

WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR WAITING FOR US TO BEGIN POSTING OUR GUEST LIST. WE WILL BE POSTING A NEW GUEST EVERY WEEKDAY UNTIL WE RUN OUT OF DAYS OR GUESTS.....

Paradise Conventions is happy to announce our

FIRST GUEST OF HONOUR

HERB TRIMPE

One of the most popular artists of the Marvel Age of Comics, Herb Trimpe is most famous for his penciling work on The Incredible Hulk. Other Trimpe projects included Godzilla, Shogun Warriors, and The 'Nam. In 2002, Trimpe won the Bob Clampett Humanitarian Award for his work as a chaplain at Ground Zero at the World Trade Center after the 9-11 terrorist attacks. He's written a book on his experience, The Power of Angels: Reflections of a Ground Zero Chaplain.

www.torontocomicon.com

Second GUEST OF HONOUR

JOSEPH MICHAEL LINSNER

In 1989 Joseph Michael Linsner created DAWN, a modern take on classic earth Goddess mythology. The smart, scary stories from Joe’s CRY FOR DAWN work are collected in the ANGRY CHRIST COMICS trade. 2003 saw publication of THE ART OF JOSEPH MICHAEL LINSNER, which sold out instantly, & THE VAMPIRE’S CHRISTMAS, a black comedy & Linsner’s most critically acclaimed work. JML has done covers for all the big publishing houses, including cover art for issues #1 – 7 of Dark Horse’s CONAN THE BARBARIAN comics. In 2006 Linsner did the art for CLAWS, a Marvel mini-series featuring the Black Cat & Wolverine. 2008 sees the debut of DARK IVORY, an unorthodox vampire love story. DARK IVORY is co-created by longtime Linsner collaborator EVA HOPKINS

WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR WAITING FOR US TO BEGIN POSTING OUR GUEST LIST. WE WILL BE POSTING A NEW GUEST EVERY WEEKDAY UNTIL WE RUN OUT OF DAYS OR GUESTS.....

FIRST GUEST OF HONOUR

HERB TRIMPE

One of the most popular artists of the Marvel Age of Comics, Herb Trimpe is most famous for his penciling work on The Incredible Hulk. Other Trimpe projects included Godzilla, Shogun Warriors, and The 'Nam. In 2002, Trimpe won the Bob Clampett Humanitarian Award for his work as a chaplain at Ground Zero at the World Trade Center after the 9-11 terrorist attacks. He's written a book on his experience, The Power of Angels: Reflections of a Ground Zero Chaplain.

www.torontocomicon.com

We just had Herb as a guest in Boston and he is a prince among convention guests!

FIRST GUEST OF HONOUR

HERB TRIMPE

www.torontocomicon.com

We just had Herb as a guest in Boston and he is a prince among convention guests!

I've met Herb multiple times and he remains one of the nicest guys in the business

Second GUEST OF HONOUR

JOSEPH MICHAEL LINSNER

In 1989 Joseph Michael Linsner created DAWN, a modern take on classic earth Goddess mythology. The smart, scary stories from Joe’s CRY FOR DAWN work are collected in the ANGRY CHRIST COMICS trade. 2003 saw publication of THE ART OF JOSEPH MICHAEL LINSNER, which sold out instantly, & THE VAMPIRE’S CHRISTMAS, a black comedy & Linsner’s most critically acclaimed work. JML has done covers for all the big publishing houses, including cover art for issues #1 – 7 of Dark Horse’s CONAN THE BARBARIAN comics. In 2006 Linsner did the art for CLAWS, a Marvel mini-series featuring the Black Cat & Wolverine. 2008 sees the debut of DARK IVORY, an unorthodox vampire love story. DARK IVORY is co-created by longtime Linsner collaborator EVA HOPKINS

:o(worship)

Very cool. JML is a nice dude with some really unique shirts. Will the rest of Eva Ink's crew, Michael Golden & Mark Texiera(sp?), be coming too?

I'll be announcing only one guest each day as for the gentlemen you mentioned. You'll just have to wait and see. (thumbs u

Very cool. JML is a nice dude with some really unique shirts. Will the rest of Eva Ink's crew, Michael Golden & Mark Texiera(sp?), be coming too?

I'll be announcing only one guest each day as for the gentlemen you mentioned. You'll just have to wait and see. (thumbs u

Gotcha :popcorn:

Paradise Conventions is happy to announce in his first Canadian appearance ever and his only Convention appearance of 2008

WILL CONRAD

Was born in 1973 in Belo Horizonte,Brazil.

According to Will : I got my first regular job as an inker on Buffy the Vampire Slayer – Dark Horse. After that, I got all sorts of inking jobs: Angel, Scorpion King, Lady Death, Superman among a lot others.

After that, I started getting more and more pencil work, and have never stopped working since. Elektra, Outsiders, Emma Frost, Witches, She Hulk, Star Wars, Red Sonja, Freshmen, Serenity, Conan, Kull, among a lot others are some of the titles I have worked on.

Will is presently working on SERENITY: BETTER DAYS for Dark Horse and will soon be working on a new KULL series.

Paradise conventions is happy to announce

Special Guest

BRIAN PULIDO

Brian Pulido has created and written several hundred comic books including: Lady Death, Evil Ernie, Purgatori, Chastity, Smiley, the Psychotic button, Bad kitty, Jade, Lady Demon, Bedlam, Unholy, War Angel, Mischief Night, Bad Moon Rising, Gypsy, Belladonna and The Undead as well as stories based on New Line Cinema’s A Nightmare on Elm St, Friday The 13th and Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Universals’ Chucky.

As the President of Chaos! Comics, Pulido was the number one independent comic publisher of the 1990’s, achieving over twenty million dollars in sales in eight different languages.

Pulido resides in Arizona with his wife Francisca and their dogs, Raven and Midnight.

For more info, visit:

www.BrianPulido.com

www.LadyDeathUniverse.com

Special Guest

CARY NORD

Cary Nord is located in Calgary Alberta and began his career doing superhero comics. He did some short stories and 'Daredevil' fill-ins at Marvel, and eventually became the regular artist on the 'Daredevil' title. He worked on other Marvel and DC titles, like 'Mutant X', 'The Authority Widescreen' and 'Ripley's Believe It or Not', until he eventually took on the new ongoing 'Conan the Barbarian' series with text by Kurt Busiek at Dark Horse. He is currently working on Ultimate Human for Marvel Comics.

Special Guest

BRIAN PULIDO

Brian Pulido has created and written several hundred comic books including: Lady Death, Evil Ernie, Purgatori, Chastity, Smiley, the Psychotic button, Bad kitty, Jade, Lady Demon, Bedlam, Unholy, War Angel, Mischief Night, Bad Moon Rising, Gypsy, Belladonna and The Undead as well as stories based on New Line Cinema’s A Nightmare on Elm St, Friday The 13th and Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Universals’ Chucky.

As the President of Chaos! Comics, Pulido was the number one independent comic publisher of the 1990’s, achieving over twenty million dollars in sales in eight different languages.

Pulido resides in Arizona with his wife Francisca and their dogs, Raven and Midnight.

For more info, visit:

www.BrianPulido.com

www.LadyDeathUniverse.com

Maybe get my Evil Ernie #1 signed...hmmmmmmm

Paradise Conventions is happy to announce

Special Guest

STUART SAYGER

currently living in Indianapolis Indiana

He describes himself as: A professional illustrator who works primarially in the comic book industry. I create the comic book SHIVER IN THE DARK ( www.shiverinthedark.com )as well as illustrate the BIONICLE comic book for DC based on the Lego toy line. I also produce alot of art for the UPPERDECK card game "VS". I enjoy just about any 2-D art. Can you draw..? Will you try..? I'm most interested in 20th century Illustration... But I also like alot of the old masters ( I like Henry Fuscelli very well... but Anthony Van Dyke is my fav!)