• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody know this seller on Ebay?

13 posts in this topic

Guess it would help if I put that huh? Bluestar1212. foreheadslap.gif

Hey Rube...welcome aboard. I emailed him too, but like you got no response. I asked him specifically if the book had been trimmed or restored in any other way (even though he says no resto). Never heard back. I contacted the person who won his ASM 1, he said he would drop me a line once he got the book.

If you check his feedback (which is 100%) it seems like he completed a transaction with Comic-Keys. While this is not evidence in and of itself of any funny business, just seeing the name Comic-Keys makes me trepidatious.

Good luck with those 2 kick [!@#%^&^] Spideys.

Thanks Brian, will see how the auctions end. I saw that Comic-Keys (Dr Richard Koos, yeah Ok)won a couple of his auctions. So it makes me nervous also. I live less then 2 hours from Bluestar1212 so it would be perfect for me to see and check out the book before turning over cash. BUT looks like someone has something to hide.

There's also an auction for an unslabbed X-Men 1 where the seller grades it as an 8.5, but says that if you send it to CGC and it comes back less than 8.0, he will refund your entire purchase price, plus the cost of slabbing it. I emailed him too and asked if he would keep that same promise if the book came back as an Apparent 8.0. I never heard back from him either.

No, but there is a history of that person selling restored books as unrestored. For the people who have dealt with Comic-Keys in the past. It just makes you think. Was anyone able to research if Comic-Keys sold the books he bought later on as a better grade?

No, but there is a history of that person selling restored books as unrestored. For the people who have dealt with Comic-Keys in the past. It just makes you think. Was anyone able to research if Comic-Keys sold the books he bought later on as a better grade?

Yeah, we've been through that whole "comic-keys selling restored as unrestored" thing once or twice here. shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

What I'm saying isn't about comic-keys (enough has been said about him on these forums to write ten books.) It's about this other guy. Beyond anything else about him, why does this other guy SELLING a book TO comic-keys, make him any less trustworthy? Why does that "make you think?" It makes no sense to me. Is comic-keys like a virus? Once you've had a transaction with him you have cooties and are therefore suspect yourself? I hate to go on about this, but this whole idea is taking the anti-comic-keys crusade to a new and unheard of level. It's an interesting attitude to take.