• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Board Member/Ebay Seller Who Shills His Auctions?

118 posts in this topic

FlyingDonut was caught doing this a few years ago. Doesn't seem to matter though. As has been pointed out several times, many in here would trade their own mother to the devil if it meant getting the books they want.

:tonofbricks:

I have to admit that I never knew this and find it a little shocking.

IIRC, it was Cubs tickets, and it was one auction.

FlyingDonut was caught doing this a few years ago. Doesn't seem to matter though. As has been pointed out several times, many in here would trade their own mother to the devil if it meant getting the books they want.

Stones and glass houses, people. Let's all move along.

Dan pm'ed me with the incident in question. I take him at his word and plan on letting it go at that. People make mistakes and he admitted his. I concur with Jim....nothing to see here.

Trolling the man about an admitted mistake accomplishes nothing.

I don't understand the whole shill thing - if you want a certain amount to sell, either make a reserve or start the bidding at that amount...

I guess if you have someone thinking they are competing with somebody else, adrenaline will take over and for a higher bid?

Anyway - jtmcdow - is my totally unoriginal eBay ID...

I don't understand the whole shill thing - if you want a certain amount to sell, either make a reserve or start the bidding at that amount...

I guess if you have someone thinking they are competing with somebody else, adrenaline will take over and for a higher bid?

Anyway - jtmcdow - is my totally unoriginal eBay ID...

You get more action in the absence of a reserve & with a low starting bid.

Unfortunately.....some sellers don't have the balls to let it ride.

Please tell me what the hell this is supposed to mean. Are you saying that I am a glass house dweller that shouldn't throw stones? And if so, a) who made you the board morality police and b) I've never sold a thing on eBay in my life.

I mean, never mind the fact that I was trying to assuage concern that the aforementioned act wasn't* solitary in nature, if you didn't mean it for me, I would have appreciated you not quoting me. Because it reads like you meant it for me.

Meet me behind the school after the last bell and we can settle this

*edit: changed "was" to "wasn't"

Please tell me what the hell this is supposed to mean. Are you saying that I am a glass house dweller that shouldn't throw stones? And if so, a) who made you the board morality police and b) I've never sold a thing on eBay in my life.

I mean, never mind the fact that I was trying to assuage concern that the aforementioned act wasn't* solitary in nature, if you didn't mean it for me, I would have appreciated you not quoting me. Because it reads like you meant it for me.

Put your fuse out before you blow a gasket. It was a generalized comment to everyone involved. I know you are above reproach, plus you don't have any stones to throw.

BTW... I could so take you. :baiting:

Put your fuse out before you blow a gasket. It was a generalized comment to everyone involved. I know you are above reproach, plus you don't have any stones to throw.

BTW... I could so take you.

Bolded to aid in reading comprehension. Maybe you should look up again what "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" means before you make that particular generalised comment to anyone, unless you know they've shilled their own auctions in the past.

And no you couldn't, unless you took Dean Martin's advice from Cannonball Run and "(got) help." Yes, those Rosary bleeds right there

I know exactly what it means and you are overreacting. The point was that everyone has stumbled from time to time. Forget it and move on. I quoted your post because I agreed with it.

How do you know how I am reacting? Are you here, spying on me somehow?

Wait a minute...I think Doc is actually Peepers !

Does this mean we won't be engaging in the fisticuffs behind the schoolhouse after the 3pm bell?

I know exactly what it means and you are overreacting. The point was that everyone has stumbled from time to time. Forget it and move on. I quoted your post because I agreed with it.

How do you know how I am reacting? Are you here, spying on me somehow?

Wait a minute...I think Doc is actually Peepers !

Does this mean we won't be engaging in the fisticuffs behind the schoolhouse after the 3pm bell?

I don't know. I can't get your link to work, so I don't know if I am pissed or not. (shrug)

Bring it :sumo:

Whatever, 9.5. I ain't the one with the bad back, remember.

Besides, I get the feeling that we'd both be too drunk anyways