• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Board Member/Ebay Seller Who Shills His Auctions?

118 posts in this topic

FlyingDonut was caught doing this a few years ago. Doesn't seem to matter though. As has been pointed out several times, many in here would trade their own mother to the devil if it meant getting the books they want.

:tonofbricks:

I have to admit that I never knew this and find it a little shocking.

IIRC, it was Cubs tickets, and it was one auction.

He was only caught shilling one auction? I don't remember this.Are you sure it's the truth?

FD pm'd me and explained what happened as far as I'm concerned this is a non issue. Anything more is gratuitous and helps no one.

Weren't there a few people with post counts that garnered them from ONLY selling? or there was one that ONLY asked for grades?

When I started posting here, more frequently, a good friend (who had been nagging..ummmm..suggesting I post here.:) suggested that I get to know people before trying a selling thread. I came here with a ton of nice Ebay feedback, but he was right...and I didn't come here to sell, I knew my stuff was too low grade, usually, but I had been curious (and I've been lucky when I do sell here:)

Posts are too easy to drive up with silly posts (like the one I'm doing now;) Feedback, and perhaps references...( several forum members were kind enough to introduce me.) and perhaps a short waiting period?

I usually trust everyone, but sometimes, I try and use common sense;)

I bid on one of the auctions. Here's what I got from eBay a few minutes back:

SHMO NOTICE: eBay Auction 370020805308 Cancelled - Results Null and Void

eBay sent this message to Claudio Vergara (cvergara7).

Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more .

Hello cvergara7,

The following is a courtesy notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 370020805308

Item Title - Amazing Spider-Man # 300!!! CGC 9.4!!!

Our records show that you bid on this listing. We have removed the listing from eBay because it violated eBay policy. You are not required to complete the transaction. The seller is free to relist the item in accordance with eBay's online policies. If the seller relists the item, you are free to bid on that item.

I wasn't even winning that auction.

Hmmm, he still owed me a book...I better ping him that he didn't sell it twice!

For those of you who are fairly new,Sho- Nuff,in his original board ID lost a bet to FD, welched on paying it off and has never failed to bring up Dans Cub auction if he gets the chance. He also has a thing for me because he thinks I was the one that got his bugaboo ID banned,as well as about a dozen other IDs he has slunk in here with over the past few years.I found it quite ironic that the person with the most shill IDs in forum history started yesterdays Goon thread.

For those of you who are fairly new,Sho- Nuff,in his original board ID lost a bet to FD, welched on paying it off and has never failed to bring up Dans Cub auction if he gets the chance. He also has a thing for me because he thinks I was the one that got his bugaboo ID banned,as well as about a dozen other IDs he has slunk in here with over the past few years.I found it quite ironic that the person with the most shill IDs in forum history started yesterdays Goon thread.

:popcorn:

I bid on one of the auctions. Here's what I got from eBay a few minutes back:

eBay sent this message to Claudio Vergara (cvergara7).

Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more .

Hello cvergara7,

The following is a courtesy notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 370020805308

Item Title - Amazing Spider-Man # 300!!! CGC 9.4!!!

Our records show that you bid on this listing. We have removed the listing from eBay because it violated eBay policy. You are not required to complete the transaction. The seller is free to relist the item in accordance with eBay's online policies. If the seller relists the item, you are free to bid on that item.

I wasn't even winning that auction.

Hmmm, he still owed me a book...I better ping him that he didn't sell it twice!

I got a notice like this yesterday about a NeatStuff auction that was cancelled.

I thought JC was your bet welcher?

If I had a shill (or sold on ebay for that matter) I would name it 2Legit2Quit.

Mine would be Business Morales.

Damned anti-shill policy *kicks can*

Auction shiller? :mad:

Certainly not this guy:

"Deeper meaning resides in the fairy tales told to me in my childhood than in any truth that is taught in life." ---- Friedrich Schiller, apropos of comics natch

I've never welched on a bet in my life. I did place a bet once in here for money to be donated to a charity specified by the winner, which is exactly what was done. I've also never shilled one of my own eBay auctions. Something FlyingDonut cannot say. Nice try on clouding the issue at hand, though. And, since you seem intent on lying...please feel free to post all the instances where I've brought this up in here at every chance. There are plenty of threads in here daily about eBay sellers shilling their auctions, so they should be plentiflul. Judging by the people in here that have never heard about it, though, I'd say you're pretty much full of it (which isn't unusual).

This is exactly what I mean about collectors willing to throw morals and scruples to the side if it means getting the books they want, or protecting one of their good ol' boys in the hobby that got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I love comics...but sometimes this hobby makes me want to puke.

And let's get one thing straight. I've never had a thing for you. Now food, however...food seems to have a thing for you. Lots and lots of food. I, on the other hand, simply don't like you because you're a *spoon*hole.

FlyingDonut was caught doing this a few years ago. Doesn't seem to matter though. As has been pointed out several times, many in here would trade their own mother to the devil if it meant getting the books they want.

:tonofbricks:

I have to admit that I never knew this and find it a little shocking.

IIRC, it was Cubs tickets, and it was one auction.

He was only caught shilling one auction? I don't remember this.Are you sure it's the truth?

FD pm'd me and explained what happened as far as I'm concerned this is a non issue. Anything more is gratuitous and helps no one.

Oh...the auction shiller explained to you what happened?

Well, as I said in an earlier thread...that's good enough for me.

Thread closed.

If and when Donut says you paid off the bet,I'll apologize. But as far as I know,that never happened. I've been here five plus years with no strikes. You,on the other hand,have been banned at least a dozen times and have more strikes than anyone in forum history. Nuff Said.