• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So close to buying my first OA

34 posts in this topic

Man, you guys have done it to me. I look at all the original art on this board and it's driven me to want my own. I decided that instead of trying to make a huge effort to rebuild my collection before my deployment, I would buy one or two very nice things to celebrate it and motivate me when I get back. I got the OA bug from seeing everybody's wonderful pages and took a look at ComicArtFans. Spidey's my main guy but, besides anything really cool being waaay too expensive, Walking Dead is my crack right now. And, those of you that have posted WD pages lately have really done it too me. So...there just happen to be plenty of Charlie Adlard pages on CAF :whistle:.

The problem is...I've been eyeing a couple different pieces for a few days and haven't been able to pull the trigger. I don't know if i feel somewhat irresponsible spending the money right now (I'm moving this weekend) or maybe I think I might like OA TOO much and delve into a hobby more expensive than comics themselves (which I still feel like I can't put enough money into). Really, I think I'm just trying to convince myself of something I already know i'm going to do. Sooo...how bout a cheering section...some peer pressure?...maybe just some suggestions or thoughts?

yea, that's keeping me from buying some. Has he gone back to the larger boards yet?
Nope, he is still on the smaller boards, as far as I know :eek:

I'm going to talk to him at the NYCC to see if there are plans to go back to 11x17 :wishluck:

Walking Dead is my crack right now. And, those of you that have posted WD pages lately have really done it too me. So...there just happen to be plenty of Charlie Adlard pages on CAF

lol Welcome to the club, it's my crack as well, in case you couldn't notice :insane:

Charlie Adlard has a TON of art for sale here: http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=29

And Mark, who runs the site, is GREAT to deal with. You should even be able to find some of Charlie's earlier Walking Dead work on 11x17, and for the most part, the prices are reasonable.

If you're serious (and rich lol ) enough, check out Tony Moore's Walking Dead gallery of art for sale, the prices may shock you, however :eek:http://tonymooreillustration.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=17

Good luck, and welcome to the club! PM me if you have any questions about Walking Dead art or anything else :grin:

--Steve

yea, that's keeping me from buying some. Has he gone back to the larger boards yet?

(shrug) I am unsure why the small boards are such a big deal, they look fine in person.

Yeah, they do still look GREAT in person!

I only have one on the small board at the moment, but it's still a GREAT piece :cloud9:

th_WalkingDeadCharlieAdlardissue39page.jpg

(shrug) I am unsure why the small boards are such a big deal, they look fine in person.

I only have one on the small board at the moment, but it's still a GREAT piece :cloud9:

What size boards does Adlard use? I love the page and I'm sure that it will still look fantastic but I want to be sure I'll be happy with it before buying. $135 is still a big purchase for a beater-reader like myself :grin:.

What size boards does Adlard use? I love the page and I'm sure that it will still look fantastic but I want to be sure I'll be happy with it before buying. $135 is still a big purchase for a beater-reader like myself :grin:.

He is currently using 8 1/2 X 14" sized artboards, unless otherwise specified. Do you have a specific piece that you are after? Starting with issue #36 (I believe) is when he started using the smaller size boards rather than 11x17

He is currently using 8 1/2 X 14" sized artboards, unless otherwise specified. Do you have a specific piece that you are after? Starting with issue #36 (I believe) is when he started using the smaller size boards rather than 11x17

And thank goodness the "torture and maiming of the Gov'na" pages I got are large sized...would not want to miss one moment of the spoon to the eyeball action. :eek:

C

Walking Dead is my crack right now. And, those of you that have posted WD pages lately have really done it too me. So...there just happen to be plenty of Charlie Adlard pages on CAF

lol Welcome to the club, it's my crack as well, in case you couldn't notice :insane:

Charlie Adlard has a TON of art for sale here: http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=29

And Mark, who runs the site, is GREAT to deal with. You should even be able to find some of Charlie's earlier Walking Dead work on 11x17, and for the most part, the prices are reasonable.

If you're serious (and rich lol ) enough, check out Tony Moore's Walking Dead gallery of art for sale, the prices may shock you, however :eek:http://tonymooreillustration.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=17

Good luck, and welcome to the club! PM me if you have any questions about Walking Dead art or anything else :grin:

--Steve

Dude...if only. I've already been through the gallery and I could get an Adlard cover for the around the price of a Moore non-zombie page...not that I could afford either anyways :insane:. I actually prefer Moore's art but still dig Adlard's and feel like it would be the way to go. I'm already sold on the scene I want but still flip flopping between two pages.

God, crack is yummy :banana:

And thank goodness the "torture and maiming of the Gov'na" pages I got are large sized...would not want to miss one moment of the spoon to the eyeball action. :eek:

C

Wow, I didn't know you owned any of those Chris! That's awesome :headbang:

Which pages do you have from issue #33?

--Steve

Dude...if only. I've already been through the gallery and I could get an Adlard cover for the around the price of a Moore non-zombie page...not that I could afford either anyways :insane:. I actually prefer Moore's art but still dig Adlard's and feel like it would be the way to go. I'm already sold on the scene I want but still flip flopping between two pages.

God, crack is yummy :banana:

Cool, well good luck on your decision, and be sure to post it up when you decide! :grin:

[quote=EvilAsh

Just found that on the page before the actually gallery...that doesn't seem so bad. I'd prefer it on 11X17 but I don't think it will be a deal breaker. I'm going to get a page from 44 so it will definitely be the smaller size.

C

I noticed that page was missing from the gallery! I was wondering who'd be sick enough to hang that page in their family room. Good job (thumbs u

preference

preference

Yeah, I would be happier if my WD back cover was on a larger board...

C

I have to check the exact page numbers but I thnk they are 11, 13, 14.

C

C

I have to check the exact page numbers but I thnk they are 11, 13, 14.

C

Awesome! If you have to let any of them go at some point, please keep me in mind (thumbs u