• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So close to buying my first OA

34 posts in this topic

I finally did it! My first piece of OA is paid for and should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm freakin thrilled :insane:. I will post it when it gets in!

Awesome! Congrats!

Now you need to work on that Tony Moore page (unless that is the one you are talking about!) :applause:

It's finally here!!!

AdlardWD44Pg16.jpg

I am so stoked to have this page. It's currently on the shelf next to me as I type and I can't stop glancing at it and grinning. Andrea is probably tied with Rick for my favorite character as I have loved her progression from college intern to the role of protector she played in this issue. Sewing clothes one minute and sniping Zombies and lackeys the next. When reading this issue my heart sank a little bit as the cover scene unfolded but jumped into full gear when I turned to this page. I knew when I saw it I had to own it. I think it's the right page for me to start with. Shout out to Evilash for the helpful PM's!

Congrats! :applause: As others have mentioned, you will find there is a snowball effect in this hobby. The mania only gets worse.

As for this page, it's an excellent wordless example. There's an entire story being told on this one page, capped off by a perfect last panel. Good stuff!

I knew when I saw it I had to own it.

The best feeling in the world is finally obtaining the "I knew when I saw it I had to own it" piece. Took me 6 months to get the first page I not only knew I had to have, but somehow knew it was meant for me! :cloud9:

I don't read Walking Dead but that page is awesome!

I hearby dub "I knew when I saw it I had to own it" the IKWISIIHTOI syndrome!

Congrats! :applause: As others have mentioned, you will find there is a snowball effect in this hobby. The mania only gets worse.

As for this page, it's an excellent wordless example. There's an entire story being told on this one page, capped off by a perfect last panel. Good stuff!

Yeah, I've gotten the feeling about the snowball effect. Next time I have the chance to buy something I will have six plus months of tax free pay :cloud9:.

You're dead on about the page...that's exactly why I wanted to buy it. When it comes to a single page of a comic...I really enjoy the ones that can stand alone. This one certinaly does!

I knew when I saw it I had to own it.

The best feeling in the world is finally obtaining the "I knew when I saw it I had to own it" piece. Took me 6 months to get the first page I not only knew I had to have, but somehow knew it was meant for me! :cloud9:

I don't read Walking Dead but that page is awesome!

I hearby dub "I knew when I saw it I had to own it" the IKWISIIHTOI syndrome!

IKWISHIIHTOI !!! :acclaim:

It's finally here!!!

AdlardWD44Pg16.jpg

I am so stoked to have this page. It's currently on the shelf next to me as I type and I can't stop glancing at it and grinning. Andrea is probably tied with Rick for my favorite character as I have loved her progression from college intern to the role of protector she played in this issue. Sewing clothes one minute and sniping Zombies and lackeys the next. When reading this issue my heart sank a little bit as the cover scene unfolded but jumped into full gear when I turned to this page. I knew when I saw it I had to own it. I think it's the right page for me to start with. Shout out to Evilash for the helpful PM's!

No problem, I'm glad to help!!! Congrats on the new page, it looks fantastic!!! :headbang:

So I just had to post this pic. I went ahead and bought a cheap frame today to get this on the wall. I was actually thinking of cutting the page out of the book (it's my extra copy) to frame with it but couldnt bring myself to do it. I think it looks pretty good as is though :cloud9:

WalkingDead44OA2.jpg

So I just had to post this pic. I went ahead and bought a cheap frame today to get this on the wall. I was actually thinking of cutting the page out of the book (it's my extra copy) to frame with it but couldnt bring myself to do it. I think it looks pretty good as is though :cloud9:

WalkingDead44OA2.jpg

Wow, that actually looks pretty nice for a "cheap frame" :applause: