• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #1 Reprint?

6 posts in this topic

Recently, I sold a Superman #1 Reprint to a collector for $60.

When I came to look for another copy of a Superman #1 reprint, I couldn't find anywhere. After some researching, I learnt that Superman #1 was only reprinted in Tabloid format where the Address in the Ads was not present.

From memory, the ad addresses were present. Does anyone know if there truly is a Identical Superman #1 reprint. Im trying to chase the collector I sold it to but with no luck. :(

Sup #1 was reprinted a few years ago GA comic bk sized inserted into a big cardboard box with a Superman bisque or figure. They also reprinted Bat #1 and either Wonder Woman #1 or Sensation #1 along with matching bisque or "toy". They were remaindered via the bookchains in USA/Canada.

superman one was reprinted in the Masterpiece Editions which was a box set that contained an figure and a reprint of a golden age comic.

they did superman 1 with an figure in the style of the time period (looks like a copy of the 1940's maquette) and a hardback book about superman. the reprint wa exact size and i color but the paper was of a moder variety so it could never be mistaken for an original.

those sets go for 50 to 100 each so you did fine.

batman 1,wonder woman 1 was also done.

jamie

superman one was reprinted in the Masterpiece Editions which was a box set that contained an figure and a reprint of a golden age comic.

they did superman 1 with an figure in the style of the time period (looks like a copy of the 1940's maquette) and a hardback book about superman. the reprint wa exact size and i color but the paper was of a moder variety so it could never be mistaken for an original.

those sets go for 50 to 100 each so you did fine.

batman 1,wonder woman 1 was also done.

jamie

The Superman Masterpiece Edition has a great statue. The Batman ME had a doll with clothing.......not so good. I don't remember what the Wonder Woman had. The Superman ME is worth gettting for the statue and reprint alone, IMHO. (thumbs u

You see them up from time to time on ebay, and the ME box set shows up fairly often too.

I'm trying to put a set of Supeys together from 1 thru 150, and that edition is my copy of #1, and the Official Party Line is that I Am Perfectly Happy With That Edition

Sigh, I'll never get a real #1 unless I garage sale up a copy. Sigh...