• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

February 2008 Comiclink Original Art Auction Results

9 posts in this topic

I thought it would be good to keep a record of these auction results, especially since Comiclink doesn't make it that easy to see what prices end at.

The auction ends Monday - so if you discover what the hammer price is for the following, please enter it.

I've listed the highest priced items so far, but feel free to add to this:

ASM #8 page -

ASM #10 page -

ASM #18 page -

Mystic #30 cover -

Ghostly Tales #95 cover -

FF #28 page -

Hulk #6 page -

Vampirella #1, Page 38 is already at $955 which is INSANE to me because it's not even a Vampi story page. It is an early Neal Adams page though.

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=730557

Given where a lot of dreck is being priced at these days, $955 for an early Neal Adams page featuring a hot chick from a historic issue seems pretty reasonable to me. (shrug)

Vampirella #1, Page 38 is already at $955 which is INSANE to me because it's not even a Vampi story page. It is an early Neal Adams page though.

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=730557

Given where a lot of dreck is being priced at these days, $955 for an early Neal Adams page featuring a hot chick from a historic issue seems pretty reasonable to me. (shrug)

That is a sweet page alright, though no character tie in should effectively klill any real value. Guess the seller is probably holding out for a big reserve... we'll see. But it still is a sweet page none the less... love that last panel!

It's a very nice page, and interesting for the fact they shot from pencils. A good opportunity to own a finished Adams page minus inks.

I thought it would be good to keep a record of these auction results, especially since Comiclink doesn't make it that easy to see what prices end at.

The auction ends Monday - so if you discover what the hammer price is for the following, please enter it.

ASM #8 page - $25,005

ASM #10 page - $21,500

ASM #18 page - $30,003

Mystic #30 cover -

FF #28 page - $14,250

Hulk #6 page -

Totally insane...

ASM #8 page - $25,005

ASM #10 page - $21,500

ASM #18 page - $30,003

Mystic #30 cover -

FF #28 page - $14,250

Hulk #6 page -

Totally insane...

Mystic #30 cover - $17,000

Ghostly Tales #95 cover - $8,100

Hulk #6 page - $22,000

Insane indeed...

I dunno guys - aside from maybe a half-dozen of the best (mostly Ditko/Kirby) pieces, the results looked very soft to me. Not that there was a ton of quality material, but the second, third and fourth tier stuff really surprised me with how low the prices were. (shrug)

I was surprised by how inexpensive some of the pieces ended at, I wish I had put a bid in on the Dominguez cover.

Though $4112 for the Frazetta sketch seemed really high to me considering how small the figure is. I saw that piece a couple of years ago and the owner at the time was talking maybe half that if he were to sell it. I guess you should never underestimate a Frazetta.

The only piece I was seriouly making a run at was the Robbins Invaders 1976 Calendar piece. It went for $3,000, about $1k more than I figured.