• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

can ebay sellers do this?...

6 posts in this topic

the guy has a set price already for shipping which already seems high + he has a $20 "sur charge" for shipping to Canada ... I asked him why & he responded with this ...

"

Paypal, UPS charges more for Canada

"

Smells like BS to me ... I thought ebay had rules for this type of thing right?.. he is basically saying you are paying me ebay & paypal fees for me & theres nothing you can do about it ...

Now this is nothing I have bid on nor will bid on but man stuff like this annoys the heck out of me!

* Winning bidder will pay shipping/handling $19.99 to lower 48 states

* $10 surcharge is required for Canada through UPS, Buyer is responsible for customs and other brokerage charges

* $20 surcharge is required for Canada through USPS International Priority mail, Buyer is responsible for Customs charges

* $15 surcharge is required for HI, AK, PR, APO/FPO and PO box addresses. USPS Priority mail will be used. [items weigh less than 13 ounces will be shipped via USPS first class mail, and no surcharge is required]

* Our Shipping insurance is very reasonable, and we highly recommend to buy the shipping insurance.

* Ship to USA & Canada only; No EXCEPTIONS

Frankly I would just assume guys like this NOT ship to Canada rantrant

Sounds like horsepuckey to me. At least for the USPS fees, you can go to WWW.USPS.GOV and get all snailmail fees to anywhere, just as a reality check for this mook.

Do your homework,

visit UPS and USPS websites to get rates from your place to his

Read Ebays shipping policy about excessive shipping fees,

bookmark the page, for furtue reference

ask the seller to adjust his fees IF they are in violation

if he does not

Don't bid on his item

report the auctions using the link at the bottom of every page

:sumo: