• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMNT Art Day...an Early Painted Cover!!!

17 posts in this topic

You know, on the What are your collecting goals for 2008 thread back in January, I posted I wanted to land an early page, but that I didn't think it very likely. Who would have known that about 2 weeks later, I'd be picking up this beauty.

As a strict Turtles collector, it really doesn’t get much better than this. I had been wanting to land an early TMNT page for a while now, but I really didn’t think my first piece would be this fantastic painted cover by Eastman. With only a handful of covers even out there, the likelihood of me being able to snag one at a later date seemed pretty slim, so I jumped at the chance. Heck, early PAGES are pretty hard to find, much less covers. Besides that, this issue (along with Leonardo and issue #11) is one of my all time favorites. A definite grail and one I will always treasure.

TMNT Cover

Thanks guys. When it arrived this weekend, it completely blew me away. This is another one of those "the pic doesn't do it justice" moments and it truly is stunning in person. I'm still in disbelief that I am the new owner (and last!) and I'll definately be taking this to the framers.

Thanks guys. When it arrived this weekend, it completely blew me away. This is another one of those "the pic doesn't do it justice" moments and it truly is stunning in person. I'm still in disbelief that I am the new owner (and last!) and I'll definately be taking this to the framers.

Which framer and what's your name again?

:signfunny:

:signfunny:

It took me a minute to get that lol

Congrats, TMNTerminator! It is a joy to get your happy/happy piece of OA. Or, as I called it on another link, your precioussss.

How strict of a TMNT collector, are you? I'm assuming that, as a TMNT collector, you wouldn't collect any artwork by Eastman or Laird that went outside of the Turtles Universe but that you would collect artwork by people other than the creators if it involved those crazy Turtles. But am I right?

It would be interesting to know how many other OA collectors limit themselves to a single series or set of characters or individual artist.

Hal,

It IS such an incredible joy to get this happy OA...and this is most definately my preciousssss!

And yea, I know I am probably in the extreme minority in what I collect. From what I've seen, most people collect at least 2 or 3 different things if not a ton more; I collect only TMNT. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy reading other comics. And I love seeing other art. It's just that my thing is only TMNT. It actually started from childhood, from the cartoon. Which blossomed into a large toy collection, then comics, and now art. I have a TON of TMNT memoribilia but I'll tell you, this piece tops them all...

Not a cover here but a great early page from ’85. :banana:

Of the few early pages that I’ve seen out there, I feel that this page is one of the best. Featuring Turtles in every panel (including all 4 together in one of them) and a touch of the sci-fi element that Peter Laird loved, I really couldn’t ask for more from a true early page.

http://qurls.com?i=44096