• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 129

11 posts in this topic

Greetings,

After 10 long years I have finally got around to updating my comic collection inventory based on the current Overstreet Guide. It was a pleasant surprise to see how many of the non key issues I collected from the mid 60's to mid 70's have finally begun to appreciate, such that I really should make sure I take good care of them. Hence new bags, boards, and boxes for all 1,513.

In trying to assign some conservative guesstimate of value, I have stuck with the P,G,F, and M grades I originally assigned them when I first bagged and boxed them about 1987 and assigned them Overstreek values of 1/2 2.0, 2.0, 4.0 and 8.0 respectively. The M grade was given to anything I personally bought from a newstand or bought as such from my only dealer purchase (why didn't I purchase that FF #1 when it was still relatively cheap) from Robert Bell in 1973. After spending too much time the past several days lurking around this site and others looking at CGC graded books those M books probably range in reality from 6.0 to hopefully 9.0+.

My ASM 129 from near the end of my active collecting days is probably about as good as anything I own gets. Not being at all sure how to best capture the detail necessary to accurately grade it, but keep images small enough for the internet, I came up with several different file sizes that can be seen at the following link:

http://www.pbase.com/bjorn_b/davescomics

My Hulk 181, also at the above link, is lower grade example of many books that I originally purchased new. Though still possessing plenty of gloss it has more than a few problems that have taken a toll over the years.

Now is your chance to give me a reality check cause I am just too partial.

Nuff Said,

Dave

The 129 looks very nice, perhaps in the 9.4 range.

Most people here use photobucket. I size my images about 650 x 1100 or so. Then when you post use the "Enter an image" button (3rd from left) to link to the image on photobucket (or wherever you have it uploaded). You can use pretty high resolution scans.

The ASM 129 is in the VF/NM 9.0 - NM- 9.2 range. There is something on the back cover upper corner spine...

Great books to have and welcome to the Boards!

CAL :applause:

Some kind comments, thanks for the input :cool: Further examination does find a small tic in the spine opposite Living Quarters on the BC :cry: The little back dot in the way upper right corner that I first though was potential damage seen in the scan does not appear to be damage, but somehow associated with the end of the line above SM on the FC.

Some kind comments, thanks for the input :cool: Further examination does find a small tic in the spine opposite Living Quarters on the BC :cry: The little back dot in the way upper right corner that I first though was potential damage seen in the scan does not appear to be damage, but somehow associated with the end of the line above SM on the FC.

If you do not mind me asking:

Are you going to get this graded???

Curious CAL

I have yet to have any books graded, but do think this might fit the bill for a trial submission, if I can figure out a few others worthwhile to send in with it. It's never going to get any better and just might help protect it against any future mishaps that would affect the grade.