• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New small show in Toledo, Ohio on Saturday, February 23

3 posts in this topic

The very first Toledo Comic Book Convention will feature have as a special guest artist Sean Forney. The convention will be held on Saturday February 23 at the Clarion Hotel Westgate 3536 Secor Rd. (I-475 @ Secor Rd EXIT 17).It will be open to the public from 10 AM to 4 PM. Admission to the public is free.

I will be setting up at this show. I'll have about 12,000 comics, with about 4,800 shown in my inventory list http://mywebpages.comcast.net/marksvint/Inventory.xls I'll also have about 6 boxes of 50 cent comics, 6 boxes of $2 comics, and 7 boxes of $3 comics.

I am not the promoter- that's a man name Alan. His link is http://www.epguides.com/comics

I'll be working so I won't be able to make it.

Just a clarification: It's not the "1st" as there were plenty in the past. It's just that it's been awhile. Motor City was at one (or hosted it) about 7 years ago. There were quite a few in the early 80's at the old Ramada Inn by Southwyck Mall.

Hopefully it will succeed and have good dealer turnout. Toledo is my hometown and close for me to get to. Good luck!

You are correct that this will not be the first convention ever in Toledo. I copied Alan's blurb, and I think he meant that it will be the first of HIS shows in Toledo.

Harper Promotions has a show in Perrysburg scheduled for July 13th. Jeff promotes shows in the Cleveland and Canton area. Both of these promoters have indicated they might return later in the year (hopefully to follow the pattern of Fort Wayne, which was well attended last month).

I remember the Motor City shows in Toledo, as I've set up at a few of them. Years ago (maybe about 20 or more), I went to a show in the northern section- I think it was put on by Kings comics.