• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackman as Wolverine

28 posts in this topic

I thought Jackman was a great Wolvie as well though it is not at all true to form. Wolvie is supposed to be a short, thick Canuck with Popeye like forearms.

BTW, saw Jackman in The Fountain last nite. Boy did that movie blow chunks.

doh!

The perfect Wolverine would be Mel Gibson circa late-80's. After all, he essentially was a mix of Wolverine and Punisher in the first Lethal Weapon, a short, hirsute, loner Vietnam vet with a dry sense of humor, who lost his wife to a mob hit, and to whom killing is "the only thing I was ever good at".

However, Jackman was pretty good, but I still detest his ultra-lame, fairy-boy fighting style from the first two movies, where he essentially swung his claws around like a blind choirboy. He finally allowed himself to be choreographed properly in X3, and he looked more like Wolverine and less like Peter Sellers with claws.

But when Gibson/Riggs killed the guy who was electro-torturing him, then ran wild-haired and barefoot into the room, killing perps left and right, while screaming "Who's next!" is still the best non-Wolvie, Wolvie-moment in cinema. :cloud9:

Gotta admit that I never thought about it but Gibson would have been PERFECT!! I can't comment on Chrales Bronson as I didn't pay much attention to him, but you could have a point....thought I think Wolvie has to have a bit of sex appeal and I'm not sure Bronson would cut it.

R.

The perfect Wolverine would have been Charles Bronson circa age 30. Nuff said. End of debate. No contest. All problems solved.

:signfunny:

Now all he'd need is a time machine to jump ahead from 1951 to 1974 when the character was introduced.

The perfect Wolverine would have been Charles Bronson circa age 30. Nuff said. End of debate. No contest. All problems solved.

:signfunny:

Now all he'd need is a time machine to jump ahead from 1951 to 1974 when the character was introduced.

lol

6453%5B40%5D.jpg

I didn't get it. BTW If you read the spoiler alert below, all you will find out is that the movie sucked

*spoiler alert*

Was she supposed to be the tree? And I have to say Jackman looks very funny when he has no hair. Ridiculous.

Seeing Jackman as Wolverine ( especially killing the attacking soldiers in the mansion in Xmen 2 ) I just can't picture anyone else doing the role better.

Come on, he fought like a fairy in X2 - he just swung his claws around like a little girl.

Seeing Jackman as Wolverine ( especially killing the attacking soldiers in the mansion in Xmen 2 ) I just can't picture anyone else doing the role better.

Come on, he fought like a fairy in X2 - he just swung his claws around like a little girl.

I think he's the cryingest Wolverine in the whole wide world.

What kind of girls did you go to school with? :eek:

What kind of girls did you go to school with? :eek:

I heard they had teeth as well. If you know what I mean... :eek: