• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk Cover Prototype

5 posts in this topic

I bought a Incredible Hulk Prototype cover awhile back and was wondering on value of this piece. It isnt inked, its the pencils on the marvel posterboard. I picked it up from the artist and he gave me the story on it. He worked for marvel at the time and now works for the kubert school. Any ideas what an uninked page would be worth ?

Daryn Auck is the artist. The issue it ws supposed to be was the 80's superhero picture frame cover. I dont remember the specific number. So its basically the headshot cover. It would be the IH version of Uncanny X men 211 .

Daryn Auck is the artist. The issue it ws supposed to be was the 80's superhero picture frame cover. I dont remember the specific number. So its basically the headshot cover. It would be the IH version of Uncanny X men 211 .

There is really no such thing as a "Prototype Cover" the way you describe it. There are published pieces and unpublished pieces. If a piece is created for a specific book but then is rejected by the publisher it is an unpublished piece.

For an unpublished piece to have significant value it's quality would have to be extremely high, the artist would have to be well known, or (preferably) both.

Chris