• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PROTECT those PHOTO-JOURNALS!

46 posts in this topic

If you're like me, you probably remove the dust jacket of your Gerber Golden Age Photo-Journals as years of shelving and flipping have caused the dust jackets to become frayed. torn, or dirty.

They probably have spine tears that look something like this:

e078756d.jpg

Or even like this:

e83962d1.jpg

Let's face it, these are large books and as anal as we are about our comics and protecting those, why shouldn't we equally protect our reference material as well!

I collect and use various art books on painting and have been protecting my dust jackets for years.

So, what I'm offering for sale here is a Mylar dust jacket cover that will be pre-cut and pre-folded for you to protect your Gerber dusk jackets.

What these have to offer you:

• 1.5-mil polyester
  • Crystal-clear gloss film
  • Archival-safe
  • UV-resistant coating
  • Recycled paper backing for added firmness & protection

Basically, you can turn your Gerber's into a torn-up unattractive mess, into something that will be protected for many many more years of enjoyment like this:

9764a8fd.jpg

b12b62c3.jpg

Used by libraries around the world! If you care about your books as much as I do, then this product is definitely for you!

Price is $10.95 plus $3.00 for shipping (more for international) for a set of two.

Easy to follow instructions included with every order!

Your Gerber Golden Age Photo-Journals were not cheap, so why let them get beat-up and abused? Protect them for a lifetime!

Thanks and please feel free to PM me with any questions! (thumbs u

Great idea. I've had covers on my Gerbers since the day I bought them (13 years ago) and they look brand new (and I've read the heck out of them).

:takeit:

I need another set for the Gerbers I just bought.

This is a great idea....and I love the way you worded it. I kept waiting to hear

morenew.jpg

:D...but seriously...good idea.

C

What I need are covers like that to fit my Spirit Archives and other hardbacks like that.

What size book are they Brad? I'm probably going to offer smaller sizes soon that will fit graphic novels too such as the hardback Marvels and things like that.

I wanted to get a feel for how well these go over first.

I hate torn dust jackets :mad: and it just took me awhile to locate what I needed in this large size. Not to mention, most of us buy our Gerber's used and they end up looking like mine as shown in the first picture.

What I need are covers like that to fit my Spirit Archives and other hardbacks like that.

What size book are they Brad? I'm probably going to offer smaller sizes soon that will fit graphic novels too such as the hardback Marvels and things like that.

I hate torn dust jackets :mad: and it just took me awhile to locate what I needed in this large size. Not to mention, most of us buy our Gerber's used and they end up looking like mine as shown in the first picture.

I'm not at home now, but I'll check..... According to Amazon they are 10.4 x 6.9 x 1 inch thick.

I'm not at home now, but I'll check..... According to Amazon they are 10.4 x 6.9 x 1 inch thick.

Ok, I'll see what I can do! (thumbs u

Do you have any pictures of the finished product? Good idea man.

The finished product is in the last two pictures. I had to seal my large tear on the underside with archival tape (some pieces were missing from my large tear)

The result is a dust-jacket cover exactly as you would see in a library.

I delivered the jackets to Stronguy this evening (as he doesn't live too far from me) and he could probably express what he thinks of the quality of these.

Keep this in mind as well, these completely cover the dust-jacket from front to back to 100% protect them from any dirt or grime.

The mylar thickness is 1.5 mil which is in the middle of a mylite and a mylite 2.

I'll try and take a couple more pictures