• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PROTECT those PHOTO-JOURNALS!

46 posts in this topic

NEW LOWER PRICE! :banana:

To help you guys protect those dust jackets I have now reduced the price to $7.95 plus shipping of $3.00 for a pair!

These also will fit the Marvel Photo-Journals as well.

For those that have already ordered from me, I have issued you a refund through Paypal! :golfclap:

My supply won't last forever folks! Protect those Journals the way you protect your comics!

:banana:

I got my covers a few days ago and they are great. The dust jackets on the set of Gerbers I just bought were a little worn but once I put the covers on them they looked great. Thanks, Don!

ATTENTION!

:news:

I am now taking pre-orders for dust jacket covers to fit your Marvel hardback graphic novels!

These will fit your books such as Ultimate Spider-man, Marvel Zombies and just about any other Marvel hardback published.

Each dust jacket is made of the same high-quality materials as the ones for the Photo-journals and can be yours for the LOW price of $2.95 each plus $3.00 for shipping.

I can ship up to ten for that price.

AND for ONE WEEK ONLY during this special pre-sale. buy two and get one free!

All orders, just as above with the Journals, will be shipped with instructions on how to use these and protect your dust jackets.

A lifetime of protection for just a few dollars!

Thanks everyone and feel free to PM me with any questions!

:banana:

Ok, I have not gotten my stock in to cover ALL graphic novels that are 14 inches tall or less.

This includes all hardbacks listed below (among others)

Dark Horse (Conan, etc.)

Marvel Series Size (Ultimate Spider-man, Marvel Zombies, Marvel Encyclopedias,etc.)

Marvel Omnibus'

Marvel Mini-Series graphic novels (Kraven's Last Hunt, Spider-man/Black Cat, etc.)

Marvel Masterworks hardbacks

Dynamite Hardbacks (Red Sonja, etc.)

Dangergirl hardbacks

DC Archive Editions

Standard DC hardbacks (Heroes, all others)

Older hardbacks both Marvel and DC

Basically, if it's a hardback graphic novel I can help you protect it!

If you have other books that you'd like to protect then please do not hesitate to PM me with the measurements and I will be happy to to help you! This includes art books, coffee table books, and just about everything else.

Still time to take advantage of my pre-sale offer! Remember, easy to follow instructions for using the dust jackets included with every order! Satisfaction guaranteed! Once you start protecting and caring for your books they will be happier for it and will thank you with a full lifetime of enjoyment!

Thanks!

I've had my two GA Gerber Covers off and laying on some long boxes for years, so I rarely see them. I guess you've convinced me to put the dust covers back on. Luckily they're still in great shape. :takeit:

question!

Once we put these on we are no longer able to then see the dust jacket cover right? :(

Nope, these are Mylar clear covers with a paper backing that protects and supports your covers. I know it's hard to tell by the pictures I have above but the last picture is of my Journals with the protectors on. Imagine if you will the way Libraries always have hardback books with dust jacket covers (albeit usually with a library label at the bottom as well). This is exactly the same thing but in a much larger size to fit the Journals.

The Strand bookstore in New York (which has 18 miles of books) offers services of using Mylar to cover hardback books and they charge $4.00 a piece. The difference is, the Mylar they are using is just straight film without the paper backing. I assure you that once you use this you will be very pleased with the results. It takes a little time for the dust jacket to conform to the book (due to the thickness of the Mylar) and once it does you'll wonder why you haven't covered all of your hardback books!

No more stress of removing the dust jacket to flip through the book or to read that favorite graphic novel. If you're like me I remove the dust jackets every time because I worry about tearing them or leaving finger prints all over them. This way you don't have that worry and now you won't leave finger prints on the actual book either! (thumbs u

how do these stay on nice & tight do you have to put tape on them/the book?.. if so can tape lead to future damage of books?.. Sorry for all the stupid questions :S

how do these stay on nice & tight do you have to put tape on them/the book?.. if so can tape lead to future damage of books?.. Sorry for all the stupid questions :S

In my instruction sheet which I send along with them there is an option for taping them but generally you won't have to use any tape. (I haven't used tape on any of mine)

Because of the paper backing they stay on the dust jackets perfectly.