• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I CHALLENGE YOU, to check out these cool old Challengers, Kirby SOLD!!

34 posts in this topic

Since I seem to be firmly ensconced in the golden ages, I'm slowly getting rid of most of my silver age and newer books. I kept these because I loved the covers...but they just don't fit.

Listing them here, first, they will hit Ebay Sunday or Monday night, so if the prices are a problem, you can always bid on them there, I will start them at 99 cents.

U.S. Shipping is $4.60 flat rate envelope (priority) up to 6 books, or boxed at cost. Media boxed is $3.00 for up to 6 books. I have private insurance that will cover the priority, tracking is included. My post office accepts comics as media, but you might be taking a chance, I don't think they can be insured.

Out of US shipping is at cost, but I will only mail first class under $25.00 ...it cannot be insured.

:takeit: Rules, but I will of course take PMs.

All the books are complete

MO, Checks or Paypal.

lol, that issue certainly hammers home the fact that FF #1 was obviously *borrowed* from Challengers. lol

Challengers of the Unknown #3, Kirby , there are ¾ inch cover splits top and bottom, grade is 2.0 or a little better. OSG is $58.00 bin $37.00challengers30001.jpg

lol, that issue certainly hammers home the fact that FF #1 was obviously *borrowed* from Challengers. lol

Challengers of the Unknown #3, Kirby , there are ¾ inch cover splits top and bottom, grade is 2.0 or a little better. OSG is $58.00 bin $37.00challengers30001.jpg

The early ones are actually pretty hard to find...that's why I kept them...and yes, people forget that they were before FF ...I always loved the dumb DC books:)

The early ones are actually pretty hard to find...that's why I kept them...and yes, people forget that they were before FF ...I always loved the dumb DC books:)

That's why Showcase #6 should get more respect than it does... :sumo:

I know, I have a low grade copy of Showcase 6, and it was very hard to find...at that...but I don't have a copy of Fantastic 4 #1 (maybe I should just frame my Showcase 6 and mark it, THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A CONTENDER;)

Nah, while it's interesting from a historical perspective, FF and co were far superior to the DC crepe, and the market has spoken on valuation.

Nah, while it's interesting from a historical perspective, FF and co were far superior to the DC crepe, and the market has spoken on valuation.

Just curious...Have you ever considered this...all the stuff we are collecting now, is collectible because people (like my mom;) didn't value it and tossed it as junk...

So, now, people are collecting things like FF's (and don't get me wrong I do love that title) and keeping them...while they don't care about secondary titles so much like this one, or Blackhawk, and they basically get lumped in like the trash;) ...so, 30 years from how (and I'll be too old to care;) THESE may be the new valued books...kind of like the GA books that no one wanted, but are now rare and hot;) I wonder sometimes...and I wish my daughter loved comics, but she is just not into them

See...now you're caught yourself with your own words...if market valuation is a determination of collectability then why aren't you espousing the MA stuff that goes for exhorbatant(sp?) amounts of $$ ...

Showcase #6 was done by Kirby so you have the artwork going for it...and it was the 1st SA team... this make it more important than that Marvel crepe... :makepoint:

You guys are too funny, meanwhile these poor books need a new home;) and they are cool...

Guide is $326.00 on these, if anyone is interested in the entire lot, my asking prices individually were about $186, I'd take $125 shipped for them all...and I'll toss something in as a bonus...

See...now you're caught yourself with your own words...if market valuation is a determination of collectability then why aren't you espousing the MA stuff that goes for exhorbatant(sp?) amounts of $$
\

Sorry, I forgot to put LONG TERM in there before "market valuation".

Just curious...Have you ever considered this...all the stuff we are collecting now, is collectible because people (like my mom;) didn't value it and tossed it as junk...

Nope. The reason it's valuable is the SAME reason our Moms wanted to toss it - comics were a generational thing, and kids loved 'em, but most adults thought they were throw-away trash.

If the 1958 kids haven't caught onto Challengers by now, they never will.