• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis and their grading

82 posts in this topic

I don't see Metropolis much better or worse than the standard dealer when it comes to grading. If I don't agree, I return it. While I like buying from Superworld, I find they tend to be a little more unreliable. The books pricing often seems to reflect that, so I don't mind.

Overall I still purchase far far more raw than slabbed. Maybe 75 to 1. Bob Storms is one of the better graders, the best I would say is Doug Sulipa, although I don't find his stock as strong as the other two.

You can't depend on the slab either. Or else you might be in for a rude awakening when you try to pass this off as a 9.4.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Witching-Hour-47-CGC-9-4-NO-RSV_W0QQitemZ200210689686QQihZ010QQcategoryZ74QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sold for $73.00 :o

I mentioned that in the grading section...everyone else including me thought that was one HECK of a misgraded book.