• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who should do my next Dejah Thoris commission?

8 posts in this topic

I haven't bought comic art in some time, but after flipping through the few I do have, I think it's time to add another to my collection. If you check out my CAF gallery, you'll see that I like getting artists to draw Dejah Thoris. (I generally prefer commissions because no pages really have any real meaning for me...none that I've found, anyway.)

So, who should I get to do my next piece of Dejah Thoris? Any artist recommendations?

I haven't bought comic art in some time, but after flipping through the few I do have, I think it's time to add another to my collection. If you check out my CAF gallery, you'll see that I like getting artists to draw Dejah Thoris. (I generally prefer commissions because no pages really have any real meaning for me...none that I've found, anyway.)

So, who should I get to do my next piece of Dejah Thoris? Any artist recommendations?

Adam Hughes (if you can get lucky on his list at a convention)

Aaron Lopresti

Mark Schultz

Mark Brooks

Brandon Petersen

and I could name about a half dozen more that probably won't accept commission requests but that's obviously a waste of time.

Chris

Quick Turnaround, very reasoably priced, I HIGHLY recommend:

Chris Herndon. Does some amazing monsters to go with that Dejah Thoris.

Douglas Paszkiewicz.. He'll do a TOP NOTCH rendition of ANY comic cover for a very affordable price.

Tom Haubrick. Not your runofthemill comic book artist, but a great guy that does beautiful work.

All three of these guys are "off the radar" artists that will give more bang for the buck.

Mike

I'd second Aaron Lopresti -- if his Wonder Woman gig hasn't run up his price (and if he does commissions). He's an ERB fan that can really draw a stunning woman; a good combination for your particular tastes.

And, James, I gotta tell you: I love the Josh Howard/Dejah piece. It rocks!

I'd second Aaron Lopresti -- if his Wonder Woman gig hasn't run up his price (and if he does commissions). He's an ERB fan that can really draw a stunning woman; a good combination for your particular tastes.

And, James, I gotta tell you: I love the Josh Howard/Dejah piece. It rocks!

Yeah, that's easily my favorite. My first, and favorite.

I like the idea of a cover recreation, but I love the idea of Lopresti, too. Maybe I'll try to get both by the end of the year, depending on artist commitments and money.