• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philanthropy Update! Take a Look . . .

23 posts in this topic

Philanthropy Update!For our next round of good deeds we're teaming up with forumites Kevthemev and Paradise Comics to help support them in their upcoming charity auction at the Toronto Con!Kevin and Peter (along with Comicwiz) have been working really hard to make this con a raging success and have decided to have a Charity Auction. The proceeds will be going to:1. ACTOR (40%)2. Kid's Help Phone (40%) 3. The North York Harvest Food Bank (20%)Of course, donors can designate if the want the profits from certain books to go to a specific charity. Steve has also volunteered to donate slabbing fees to forum members who have raw books that they would like to donate. If interested please PM me. Interested parties would just have to get the books down to cgc; after grading Steve will then make sure that the books get up to the con for the auction.With our two previous charity events, we have already surpassed $1,500!!!! Let's do our best to get a good amount of books to support our fellow forum members on their Con initiative! All donations can be sent to:CGC Forum Philanthropyc/o Paradise Comics3278 YONGE STREET TORONTO, ONTARIO M4N 2L6, CANADA Please don't wait! The con is less than 1 month away!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifDAM

Philanthropy Update!For our next round of good deeds we're teaming up with forumites Kevthemev and Paradise Comics to help support them in their upcoming charity auction at the Toronto Con!Kevin and Peter (along with Comicwiz) have been working really hard to make this con a raging success and have decided to have a Charity Auction. The proceeds will be going to:1. ACTOR (40%)2. Kid's Help Phone (40%) 3. The North York Harvest Food Bank (20%)Of course, donors can designate if the want the profits from certain books to go to a specific charity. Steve has also volunteered to donate slabbing fees to forum members who have raw books that they would like to donate. If interested please PM me. Interested parties would just have to get the books down to cgc; after grading Steve will then make sure that the books get up to the con for the auction.With our two previous charity events, we have already surpassed $1,500!!!! Let's do our best to get a good amount of books to support our fellow forum members on their Con initiative! All donations can be sent to:CGC Forum Philanthropyc/o Paradise Comics3278 YONGE STREET TORONTO, ONTARIO M4N 2L6, CANADA Please don't wait! The con is less than 1 month away!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifDAM

Well, I just got in 55 books from Peter (and CGC), so I think I can find something too.Alex

As promised Dave, I'm contributing to the cause. I would like proceeds to go to the CBLDF -- is this ok?

CBLDF is great! 893applaud-thumb.gif This just in from Kev:

I see someone wants to donate to the CBLDF - we have the Canadian branch set up and overseeing a quick sketch competition and selling some signed hardcovers - the Canadian branch hasn't had to intervene on a single case here in Canada yet so I will have to make sure that any money collected is sent to the US office to help cases like Jesus Carillo. So if people want to specifically donate their books to the CBLDF they can also do that

DAM

Hello everyone, this is great! Thanks for the support! As Kevin stated CBLDF will have a presence so donations to them are fine.

Comic Wiz has also volunteered to post the donations a few days before the show to give everybody a chance to bid via silent auction. We will work out the details on this in the near future.

Thanks

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

www.torontocomicon.com

www.paradisecomics.com

All donations can be sent to:

CGC Forum Philanthropy

c/o Paradise Comics

3278 YONGE STREET

TORONTO, ONTARIO

M4N 2L6, CANADA

A quick reminder that it's not too late to get some books up to Peter for the charity auction!

Thanks,

DAM