• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Amazing Spiderman 121,122

11 posts in this topic

I appreciate the Grades but could I get a little more clarity on the reasons for the low "IMO" grading ? Especially the 121.

I respect you guys views, but I think These books are getting hammered!

Can dirty BC really lower the grade that much? Is there something else you guys are seeing that I am not?

Not wishing to sound like a jerk, but WASSUP??

I think what everyone is talking about is on the top right of the back scan from the staple up appears to be very dirty. And on the top left of the scan there appears to be 3 circular stains. I am no expert but that is what I see.

I think what everyone is talking about is on the top right of the back scan from the staple up appears to be very dirty. And on the top left of the scan there appears to be 3 circular stains. I am no expert but that is what I see.

Yeah I see that, Just didnt think that would hammer the grade to that extent.

I am certainly no expert either But I have collected for thirty five years, and My grading seems to be close in line with everyones on this forum.But grading is so subjective I think clarification is needed, Just for my own peice of Mind. I am going to dig out my overstreet grading guide to see how dirt and possible staining is viewed.

And Hope it didnt seem like I was calling any one out :foryou:

As stated, it appears that there are 3 quarter-sized water stains at the ULBC of the #121. If those are in fact dirt, then the only limiting defects would be the number of spine creases and general overall wear. However, the circular shape of the stains is consistent with moisture.

Scans never lie. They might exagerate the severity of a defect at times, but they don't create defects in and of themselves. Yellow covers are also notorious for masking the true extent of spine creasing in particular. Have someone run a negative or inverse image of the book (can't do at work) and you'll see what I'm referring to.

The #122 has soft corners and creasing to the opening corners. It also has minor spine creasing, and probably a sufficient accumulation of defects to keep it out of the 8.0 grade. However, it is still within the VF range. Nonetheless, both are very nice books. :grin:

Then, of course, I could be entirely mistaken . . . :devil:

Thanks Divad for the clarification.

The 121 in hand looks better than the 122. I hear ya on the circular pattern of the stains, I am going to pull these out again and Wonderbread the backs then re-scan.