• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good News For Galactus Fans !! (Movie related)

11 posts in this topic

Source: Newsarama

February 27, 2008

Possibly one of the biggest disappointments for any comic book fan seeing last year's Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer was that the world-devouring entity known as Galactus was barely shown, looking more like a giant storm cloud than the immense being with the spiked headpiece and purple outfit that we've come to know and love since his introduction during Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's run on the characters.

Well, have no fear, true believers, because the planned Silver Surfer prequel movie will give the fans what they want, a much better look at Galactus, at least according to the film's screenwriter, J. Michael Straczynski, who mentioned this at his Wondercon Spotlight panel.

As Newsarama reports from the panel:

For what the Silver Surfer movie entails Straczynski says it will cover the origin of the character. He said it will feature Galactus, noting that the latest Fantastic Four film held off on showing Galactus to reveal him for this film.

Who knows when we might actually see the movie as no director or production start has been announced, but you can read the rest of their report where JMS talks about his other movie and comic book work here.

This Galactus illo is closig soon on www.heritagecomics.com and is at $ 130.It is one of the coolest renditions of the planet gobbler that I have ever seen.It would be very easy to fall short on the screen,I hope they don't blow it.GOD BLESS...

- jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

http://i36.photobu

This Galactus illo is closing soon on www.heritagecomics.com and is at $ 130.It is one of the coolest renditions of the planet gobbler that I have ever seen.It would be very easy to fall short on the screen,I hope they don't blow it.GOD BLESS...- jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u  galactus.jpg

He said it will feature Galactus, noting that the latest Fantastic Four film held off on showing Galactus to reveal him for this film.

I don't buy this spin for a second...

Jim

Jim, what I have to add to this is as follows: I like comics & have yet to like many of the so-called comic book movies.

In the meantime, "There will be Blood" was a great movie. Only b/c DDL is the real deal.

TUPENNY SPEAKETH :sumo:

He said it will feature Galactus, noting that the latest Fantastic Four film held off on showing Galactus to reveal him for this film.

Jim

Jim, what I have to add to this is as follows: I like comics & have yet to like many of the so-called comic book movies.

In the meantime, "There will be Blood" was a great movie. Only b/c DDL is the real deal.

I find that very weird that u have not liked many of the comic books movies, I can name a bunch that are more than what I expected.

I understand that HULK was a piece of , but the spider-man moves, batman (Nolan), and x-men movies were great.

I mean I am a comic book geek 100 percent, but at the same time I understand that the movies have to make the unknown watcher like my g/f interested and entertained.

I think sometimes we as comic fans expect too much, I am just happy they are making them good or bad.

John

Jim

I find that very weird that u have not liked many of the comic books movies, I can name a bunch that are more than what I expected.

I understand that HULK was a piece of , but the spider-man moves, batman (Nolan), and x-men movies were great.

I mean I am a comic book geek 100 percent, but at the same time I understand that the movies have to make the unknown watcher like my g/f interested and entertained.

I think sometimes we as comic fans expect too much, I am just happy they are making them good or bad.

John

I agree with this statement. Continuity and geekdom aside some of these were good movies and quite entertaining.

I think sometimes we as comic regular movie fans expect too much a good and fun movie experience, I am just happy they are making them good or bad.

Now it's correct.

Hardcore comic book fanboys go see any funny book movie, good or bad, and it's the regular movie-goer that hammers the POS editions.

Plus, the most successful, and I think enjoyable, X-Men movie was X3, but fanboys hate it because they moved away from the source material. But average movie-goers loved it because they didn't know or care about what happened in X-Men 127-137.

To them, it was just a movie, but the hardcore nerds can't understand that.

Continuity and geekdom aside some of these were good movies and quite entertaining.

Spider-man 1, Batman Begins and Blade.

Other than that, they were either average (X-Men movies, SM2, Hellboy) or downright horrible (SM3, FF, Punisher, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Catwoman, Elektra, Hulk, Superman Returns, LOEG .....).