• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Iron Man Trailer

63 posts in this topic

I like that infamous "Jordan diss" they homaged on that final scene with the tank.

If anyone was a fan of Chicago back in the late 90's they would know what I was talking about.

There was a playoff game where MJ was getting pizzed because some new rookie

was all over him ( I can't remember who is was). Well, I guess Jordan said to himself

it's time to make this kid respect me. He shot a well guarded shot a little past "half court"

and turned around to get ready to be the defense because he knew he hit it.

This fits this final scene like a glove.

I miss ole MJ.

170149601_13aa4e4483.jpg

:cloud9:

This Movie is going to be sweet!!!

Please be a great movie!

:wishluck:

CAL hm

One of the things I hope that they wait on is the "alcoholic thing"

if this was a trilogy is would be a great thing for the 2nd movie

and the final 3rd movie where he beats it...

hm

I'm not a real big Iron man fan but ,This movie looks like it is going to ROCK!!rockout.gif

My feelings exactly... never could relate to a rich, womanizing technologist in the comics but this really looks like something I want to see in the theaters.

Now I'm wondering if I'll be able to find time to see this and the new Indiana Jones pic in the same month... hm

That is easily the most exciting comic related movie trailer I've seen since the first Spider-Man.

I only hope they've saved the best stuff for the movie, rather than shooting their load in the trailer (gross, but you get my point).

Action and effects look super cool. Downey's on charismatic form. Good humour. Good looking origin story with classic armour, followed by very nicely realised modern armour.

The one thing conspicuous by its abscence? The villain! Maybe that's what they're saving for the release hm

The one thing conspicuous by its abscence? The villain! Maybe that's what they're saving for the release hm

Don't we see Iron Monger in one scene?

Who's Iron Monger?

doh!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Monger

Jeff Bridges, the guy playing Stane, appeared in a couple scenes on the trailer...

Jim

I gotta say though, I really HATE when they stick cheesy little modern jokes/references like when he says "I don't wanna see this on your myspace page" !!! COME ON!!!! What does MYSPACE have to do with the Iron Man world?? It kinda ruins it for me to see these little cash in corny-as5 jokes. I look at TOS #48, one of my favorite comics, and a beautiful sight to behold, and then think that finally when he gets a movie he's talking about myspace!!!! rantrant haha but seriously, anyone get my point?

I gotta say though, I really HATE when they stick cheesy little modern jokes/references like when he says "I don't wanna see this on your myspace page" !!! COME ON!!!! What does MYSPACE have to do with the Iron Man world?? It kinda ruins it for me to see these little cash in corny-as5 jokes. I look at TOS #48, one of my favorite comics, and a beautiful sight to behold, and then think that finally when he gets a movie he's talking about myspace!!!! rantrant haha but seriously, anyone get my point?

Pop culture references are unavoidable in the movies these days and it is frustrating. It's lazy writing and easy jokes. Look at all these disney/pixar animated movies....in the creators minds, the best way to maintain any adult interest is to toss in sly pop culture references to the Fonz or David Hasselhoff that the kids don't get but the parents do. Slide a few of these in and the masses leave the theater thinking they've seen a kid movie that's clever enough for adults. The good films like Incredibles or Ratatouile can be entertaining for adults without resortting to the obvious.

Sadly in 5 years when myspace has long since been replaced by some other site and we watch our Iron Man movie on dvd, it will already seem dated.