• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wall books in a restaurant??

63 posts in this topic

I heard this story from the guy who installed them,and had in confirmed by Bobby Valentine himself.

Around 1986/87 Bobby Valentine opened up a sports bar in Conneticut. They put all sorts of BB items on the walls and originally had planned to put baseball cards on the bar top and polyurinthane them up.At the last minute,Bobby V decided not to use baseball cards as they increase in value and sent out to the LCS for some non-baseball sports cards to use instead. He ended up with three Micheal Jordan Rookie cards embedded into his bar.

in Wheaton, MD there's a BB card shop that has been in business at least since 1979.

the store front was windows floor to ceiling and the width of the whole store.

they covered every inch of those windows with BB cards from the 60's and 70's. by the

time of my first visit in 1979, i was 9. the cards we're so faded some we're almost completely

white.

:eek: