• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wall books in a restaurant??

63 posts in this topic

I won't say where I saw this but I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this. Below is one of several frames. None of the others are up to the caliber of this but they're all sun faded in a bad way. I left my number with an employee for the owner. Truthfully, even if he won't sell, I want to convince him to take them out of the sun before even more damage occurs.

BTW, these are real books not just covers or photocopies.

framed2.jpg

There is a small LCS in Marlboro that does the same thing. He has his on the wall right next to a huge window. The asking prices are still the same but the colors sure are not doh!

They can't be saved at this point. They look more like Marvel black light posters.
I know you can really see the damage to the lower level of books, but I think the top row books have escaped a little since the frame is higher than 6' up. I think they may not get as much direct sunlight for that reason.

I'm surprised no one has ever told him about these books...

Kinda makes you wonder :screwy:

And this is supposedly only one of many/several panels...(?)...OK Transplant...time to spill the beans...inquiring minds must know!!! (shrug)

Better yet...offer to hook the guy up with FedoraMan...trade out the real books for minty-fresh replicas...no different than hiring a contractor or interior decorator for an interior facelift...