• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giant Size X-Men #1, CGC 9.4 - thoughts?

24 posts in this topic

Back to the GS X-Men #1. Given the fact that the Claremont X-Men are starting to fade from peoples memory somewhat I question how relevant this book really is going to be down the road. Will people care that much that an X-Men team that hasnt been around for 15 years formed in this issue, one that bears no resemblance to the current X-Men team?? Obviously it will to some but I think its relevance is fading somewhat, soon if not now more important to the book will be the early Wolverine appearance and his joining the Xmen.

So given that I believe that Hulk 181 is the bigger book and will be more desired down the road. Though that book is getting somewhat silly too and will have a correction sooner or later.

Personally, that is one of the reason I don't collect very many team books.. the teams always change and then old books..no matter how stonewalled people into thinking they're keys..really lose a lot of their significance..sure it was a great book and a great cover..but the major problem is they're just not the X-men anymore. Obviously the only real "team" key in this series is the first issue where the X-men started.. any other first "team" appearances pale vastly in comparison.

Brian