• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Nov Preview

3 posts in this topic

Wow, there's some nice books on there. Early ASMs in 9.6 and the 9.9 ASM 19 is back! Some very nice early FF's too.

Brian

FYI to all... I was going to start a thread about this to let the community know, but this thread seems like a good place to post. Several of the nice ASM's are pedigreed copies but are not designated on the label.

ASM #5 9.6 (is the Mass. Pedigree Copy)

ASM #9 9.4 (is the Northland Copy)

ASM #41 9.6 (is the Northland Copy)

These are pretty easy to tell, and many of you likely have figured this out already. They have all been auctioned before on Heritage and have previously had the pedigree designation on the label. When I saw these copies on the preview and compared them to the books from the auction archives, I noticed the same exact cgc serial number, but the pedigree designation missing.

I called Heritage and they knew nothing about this and referred me to cgc. I spoke with a cgc representative (to ensure there was nothing wrong with the original pedigree designation) and was informed these books were sent in for reholdering and by an oversight, the pedigree designation was not put back on the new label. I was informed that the pedigree designation would be placed back on the label if I won any of the books and desired to do so. CGC also told me they would contact Heritage to let them know.

Just wanted to let forum members know, in the event that someone may be bidding or potentially win one of these books. These are the only books that I searched initially, there may be more. Last time I checked Heritage did not alter the description of these books to reflect their pedigree designation. Not saying they deserve more money or higher bids as a result, but their pedigree is a part of the book's 'history', in my opinion, and I would not want this to be lost on these books.