• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

Some of you may have read my report on Emerald City ComiCon in 2007 where I told the story of how I purchased the Clayton Crain sketch cover at the HERO Initiative auction. Since Bendis & Bagley were at the show, I also got them both to sign it. I was impressed by the back covers that several artists had done for their Ultimate Spidey books and since Clayton Crain was also at the show, I approached him about doing a back cover for my book. I even posted a survey where I asked CGC board members what they would like to see on the back cover. The winning idea was, "Ghost Rider riding off with Mary Jane on the back of his motorcycle." I picked the book up from the amazing Mr. Crain at this year's Emerald City ComiCon and the results blew me away :o

Just back from CGC this morning is the final result. Thank you Clayton! :applause:

UltimateSpider-Man100CrainvariantCG.jpg

UltimateSpider-Man100Crainvarian-1.jpg

p.s. I commissioned Clayton to do a Captain America Fallen Sons front & back cover for me so be prepared for something special in my 2009 Emerald City ComiCon report :)

Don't have the books yet, but they were graded today! :cloud9:

I will copy and paste the results and will post the books when they arrive.

This is my first EVER submission and I used my Collectors Society coupon. I am rather pleased with the results, especially the page quality, which is stellar for the books in question. Can't wait to send more books now.

Scott

Journey Into Unknown Worlds 14 12/52 Atlas Comics Universal 7.0 WHITE 7.0 Stan Lee story

George Tuska and Basil Wolverton art

Bill Everett cover and art

True Crime Comics 3 7-8/48 Magazine Village Universal 6.5 OFF-WHITE 6.5 Jack Cole art

Drug story. Classic cover.

Weird Tales of the Future 4 11/52 Aragon Publications Universal 8.0 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE 8.0 Basil Wolverton Tony Mortellaro

Eugene E. Hughes and Hy Fleishman art

Basil Wolverton and Ed Robbins cover

Some of you may have read my report on Emerald City ComiCon in 2007 where I told the story of how I purchased the Clayton Crain sketch cover at the HERO Initiative auction. Since Bendis & Bagley were at the show, I also got them both to sign it. I was impressed by the back covers that several artists had done for their Ultimate Spidey books and since Clayton Crain was also at the show, I approached him about doing a back cover for my book. I even posted a survey where I asked CGC board members what they would like to see on the back cover. The winning idea was, "Ghost Rider riding off with Mary Jane on the back of his motorcycle." I picked the book up from the amazing Mr. Crain at this year's Emerald City ComiCon and the results blew me away :o

Just back from CGC this morning is the final result. Thank you Clayton! :applause:

p.s. I commissioned Clayton to do a Captain America Fallen Sons front & back cover for me so be prepared for something special in my 2009 Emerald City ComiCon report :)

That got to be the coolest signature art on a comic that I have ever seen!

I hope that atleast the comic was good (I've never read it)...

Anyway that is awesome!

(worship)

Don't have the books yet, but they were graded today! :cloud9:

I will copy and paste the results and will post the books when they arrive.

This is my first EVER submission and I used my Collectors Society coupon. I am rather pleased with the results, especially the page quality, which is stellar for the books in question. Can't wait to send more books now.

Scott

Journey Into Unknown Worlds 14 12/52 Atlas Comics Universal 7.0 WHITE 7.0 Stan Lee story

George Tuska and Basil Wolverton art

Bill Everett cover and art

True Crime Comics 3 7-8/48 Magazine Village Universal 6.5 OFF-WHITE 6.5 Jack Cole art

Drug story. Classic cover.

Weird Tales of the Future 4 11/52 Aragon Publications Universal 8.0 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE 8.0 Basil Wolverton Tony Mortellaro

Eugene E. Hughes and Hy Fleishman art

Basil Wolverton and Ed Robbins cover

Where are the 9.Xs? :baiting:

On these copies, I was happy to find nice copies, much less shoot for nosebleed grades. The 9.4-9.6's should come whenever the Value tier submission books get graded....probably in about 20 more business days. What do you care about pre-codes anyway Doc? Slumming? lol

That got to be the coolest signature art on a comic that I have ever seen!

I hope that atleast the comic was good (I've never read it)...

Anyway that is awesome!

(worship)

That really blows me away, fantastic commission - worth every cent ^^

On these copies, I was happy to find nice copies, much less shoot for nosebleed grades. The 9.4-9.6's should come whenever the Value tier submission books get graded....probably in about 20 more business days. What do you care about pre-codes anyway Doc? Slumming? lol

I try to see how the other half lives every once in a while. :whistle:

Edited by DrWatson

Just got these back:

AllTopComics11LR.jpg

Nice Books,

Is the Pink Pages a new designation? Haven't seen that one before.

John

www.pastandpresentcomics.com

It's all pink on the inside. :gossip:

Just got these back:

AllTopComics11LR.jpg

Nice Books,

John

How would you know ?? ......... (shrug) ................................................ :P

Just got these back:

AllTopComics11LR.jpg

Nice Books,

John

How would you know ?? ......... (shrug) ................................................ :P

I've cracked a case or two. :gossip: